Author Topic: Tabbed Splitters on Radius Bends  (Read 4675 times)

Offline DonTopic starter

• Premier Member
    • Pure Fabs
Tabbed Splitters on Radius Bends
« on: Feb 04, 2014, 11:33:11 AM »
We are currently looking at redesigning our splitter fixing for welded ductwork by setting up a "tab" on the side of the splitter which would be welded to the bend - in our case a 50mm wide tab at no more than 150mm centres.

Currently the only option to determine the number of tabs is a "Tab Quantity" field in the splitter setup. Splitters can be of any length so a quantity would have to be determined for every splitter based on the length. What I would like to see is a setting for "Maximum Pitch" so the splitter can calculate the number of tabs based on this value, ensuring the pitch of the tabs will not exceed that value.

If you agree please visit the Autodesk Forum and give it some "Kudos"

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Fabrication-Idea/idb-p/1220/tab/most-recent
“There's someone in my head, but it's not me.”
― Pink Floyd

Offline DonTopic starter

• Premier Member
    • Pure Fabs
Re: Tabbed Splitters on Radius Bends
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2018, 11:16:12 AM »
BUMP

I've checked on CAMduct 2018 to see if this option has been added but as I expected it has not.

I know we have to wait for anything to be implemented, and often requests never appear. but if anyone would like to see this implemented - see original post, I would be grateful if you added your support by following the link below. It might just make the difference.

Incidentally, is there anybody on 2019 that can confirm we still only have the splitter quantity option?

Thanks guys... :)

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fabrication-ideas/tabbed-splitters-on-radius-bends/idc-p/8064911#M1406

« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2018, 11:19:11 AM by Don »
― Pink Floyd

Offline Bonedigger

• Premier Member
    • Hercules Industries
« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2018, 13:40:10 PM »
I'm confused Don.

Are you trying to set up something similar to this (attached)? In this example I'm using a double splitter. Or am I totally misunderstanding what you're trying to do.
Chris
Autodesk Fabrication CAMduct 2019 v3.07.545 (2019.1.0), Autodesk Fabrication ESTmep 2022 v22.0.110.2 (2022.0.0.F) Windows 10, 64-Bit

Offline DonTopic starter

• Premier Member
    • Pure Fabs
« Reply #3 on: Jun 13, 2018, 14:21:29 PM »
Hi Chris.

It's not setting up the splitter tabs that is the problem, see pic for how we would have them on our fully welded specs. The problem is that the number of tabs that are on the splitter is governed by the value shown - see other pic.

A quantity is not the way to go for us because we want the tabs to be at a pitch no greater than a specific value, therefore as splitters vary depending on the bend dimensions we would need to keep adjusting that value - not easy because its a database setting. If there are two or more splitters, or more than one bend in the file then the problem is worse because if we set it to get the right tab number for one splitter, the other/s would have either too many or too few.

I would like to see an "override" for the number of tabs so it can be set to a splitter tab pitch. That way there would be a different number of tabs dependant on the splitter length, which keep it under a "maximum" pitch.

« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2018, 14:29:56 PM by Don »
― Pink Floyd

Offline Bonedigger

• Premier Member
    • Hercules Industries
« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2018, 14:34:52 PM »
Okay, I see. You're trying to "gap" between the tabs, which can only be done by setting a fixed quantity for the number of tabs (mine is set at quantity 0 and produces continuous tabs at the specified width along the whole length).
Chris
Autodesk Fabrication CAMduct 2019 v3.07.545 (2019.1.0), Autodesk Fabrication ESTmep 2022 v22.0.110.2 (2022.0.0.F) Windows 10, 64-Bit

Offline DonTopic starter

• Premier Member
    • Pure Fabs
« Reply #5 on: Jun 13, 2018, 14:39:10 PM »
Exactly that Chris  ;)
― Pink Floyd