Author Topic: Revit snapping to quadrant  (Read 5456 times)

Offline bparrellTopic starter

• Premier Member
Revit snapping to quadrant
« on: Jul 11, 2014, 17:15:23 PM »
What the heck is the trick here? I want to snap to the quadant of a pipe and not center.
The SoCAL (VERY OLDMAN NOW) Kid! LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE  HOLIDAYS BOB  ::) ::)  
WIN 10 O.S
Revit/Fabrication 2022/BDSU 2022
RUDOLPH and SLETTEN
MEP COORDINATOR

Offline Kenny123

Re: Revit snapping to quadrant
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2014, 17:19:57 PM »
Bob try hitting tab when hovering over the pipe.
BIM/VDC Constructibility Manager
Harris Company

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2014, 17:39:20 PM »
Tried toggling through the snaps. Tab for anyone that cares. Didn't work on some and that is what is wierd see screencast

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/87b190ee-25e5-4417-844b-e5db4a90a50f
WIN 10 O.S
RUDOLPH and SLETTEN
MEP COORDINATOR

Offline Kenny123

« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2014, 17:53:34 PM »
Only thing I can think of is it's two different materials and snaps don't like that material

or

your view range is not in the right spot and it sees the pipe's but can't annotate.  Check the elevation of each pipe to see where they're in the model then check your view range. 

And if you're still having problems, just put a detail line on the quadrant you want.  Then it will snap just fine, an extra step, but it gets the job done.
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2014, 17:57:11 PM by Kenny123 »
Harris Company

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2014, 18:04:20 PM »
Shouldn't be a different material as this was a CADduct to revit conversion all in one step. All the sleeves are the same length and in the same wall plane. Those crosshairs seem to be a hint.
The ones without I can dim to quadrant others not. Why does one get crosshairs and some not? if you seen how many sleeves detail lines are not an option.
WIN 10 O.S
RUDOLPH and SLETTEN
MEP COORDINATOR

Offline Kenny123

« Reply #5 on: Jul 11, 2014, 18:12:48 PM »
Shouldn't be a different material as this was a CADduct to revit conversion all in one step. All the sleeves are the same length and in the same wall plane. Those crosshairs seem to be a hint.
The ones without I can dim to quadrant others not. Why does one get crosshairs and some not? if you seen how many sleeves detail lines are not an option.

Are they Revit families or converted (IFC, etc.)? Take a snap shot of each of the item properties (the one working and the one not). I will hopefully be able to see what the difference could be.  I'm not to familiar with the conversation as I use a different solution  ;D

Also what work plane are you snapping your dimensions from?

Harris Company

• Premier Member
« Reply #6 on: Jul 11, 2014, 18:26:50 PM »
Revit Families not IFC.
WIN 10 O.S
RUDOLPH and SLETTEN
MEP COORDINATOR

Offline Kenny123

« Reply #7 on: Jul 11, 2014, 18:30:46 PM »
Revit Families not IFC.

Sounds like a bad family then.  My families work just fine, it has a cross-hair in them.  I would verify the content you used. 

Screencast with my SysQue familes.

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/e4aa3892-fcdd-41ac-82b8-1e1224d4b8d8
Harris Company

• Premier Member
« Reply #8 on: Jul 11, 2014, 18:47:13 PM »
Not possible. A system family cannot be edited by anyone. Good try. You got your advertisement in so I'm sure your happy now.
WIN 10 O.S
RUDOLPH and SLETTEN
MEP COORDINATOR

Offline Kenny123

« Reply #9 on: Jul 11, 2014, 18:56:34 PM »

Are they Revit families or converted (IFC, etc.)? Take a snap shot of each of the item properties (the one working and the one not). I will hopefully be able to see what the difference could be.  I'm not to familiar with the conversation as I use a different solution  ;D

Also what work plane are you snapping your dimensions from?

Not possible. A system family cannot be edited by anyone. Good try. You got your advertisement in so I'm sure your happy now.

http://www.xtracad.com/forum/index.php?action=post;quote=84685;topic=12481.0

Bob send me the screen shots and I can take a look.  You said it was a family and a sleeve.  If it's a system type then it must be a pipe.  If the family was built incorrectly or converted to the wrong family type I can verify that with the screen shots.  I was showing you if the families are correct everything works perfectly. 
Harris Company

• Premier Member
« Reply #10 on: Jul 11, 2014, 19:13:44 PM »
The contractor used cid 2041 for their sleeves so I map it to pipe curve in Revit, but as stated some work others not.
WIN 10 O.S
RUDOLPH and SLETTEN
MEP COORDINATOR

Offline Kenny123

« Reply #11 on: Jul 11, 2014, 19:23:29 PM »
The contractor used cid 2041 for their sleeves so I map it to pipe curve in Revit, but as stated some work others not.

I understand now, the work around would be to use a detail line with what you have converted now. 

Unless you can find a family other than a pipe curve to convert it too, then redo the conversion.
Harris Company