Author Topic: Include Deck Insert in Hanger Rod Length  (Read 4897 times)

Offline kkoppTopic starter

Re: Include Deck Insert in Hanger Rod Length
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2015, 02:08:13 PM »
Not sure what the rod extn field is meant to be used for but I am using it to report the rod depth into the deck insert. There was another field I wanted to add the depth to but there isn't a way to pull that field into a report. The reason I don't change the section datum is because based on the rod diameter the depth into the deck insert changes. So you would have to setup several section datum to meet all requirements. The rod extn is only a lot of work once. Know that it is setup it is connected to support #1 and reports for all hangers for all jobs.

Offline DJT

« Reply #16 on: Jan 22, 2015, 02:39:41 PM »
ok that makes sense didn't think about it that way. thanks
Thanks DJ Live Life like there is no Tomorrow and Thank God for everyday
2018 & 2019 CADmep, 2019 REVIT

Offline ZTR88

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2020, 12:52:00 AM »
Not sure what the rod extn field is meant to be used for but I am using it to report the rod depth into the deck insert. There was another field I wanted to add the depth to but there isn't a way to pull that field into a report. The reason I don't change the section datum is because based on the rod diameter the depth into the deck insert changes. So you would have to setup several section datum to meet all requirements. The rod extn is only a lot of work once. Know that it is setup it is connected to support #1 and reports for all hangers for all jobs.

Are you talking about the "Rod Extn" in Fittings>Supports>Ancillaries or are you talking about the Rod Extn below and above in the .itm?
Zachary Reese
Virtual Design Coordinator / Database Manager
Douglas Orr Plumbing Inc.