Author Topic: Design Line Fill/Button Mapping Question...  (Read 1558 times)

Offline nbuchTopic starter

Design Line Fill/Button Mapping Question...
« on: Dec 11, 2019, 19:21:29 PM »
This one has me somewhat stumped, but... I'm fairly new to the design line button mapping. I've gone through a lot of the previous posts and AU Documents which have helped tremendously. We are jumping on the Revit bandwagon so I'm trying to get things pointed in the right direction when converting an engineers model.

I have been utilizing an AU Document called "Fabrication Parts in REVIT: Understanding how Design to Fabrication works in REVIT" put together by William Tucker & Kevin Allen. Its helped quite a bit understand how design line works but I'm still having trouble getting some items to fill. See images. I'm sure I have some unnecessary button mappings & I'm trying to filter through them to get rid of the ones not needed. (Basically mimicked what I found)

Any guidance is much appreciated!

Offline edsharp

Re: Design Line Fill/Button Mapping Question...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2019, 14:00:38 PM »
Howdee

allthough you do have a design line issue and i'm sure if i asked you 15 more questions we could certianly fix your issue ....But  the bigger question i have is how is working on designline helping your revit transition ....i could be wrong but i dont think there is a connection between the two. i have had revit conversions fail and i "knew" it was my designline... it was my .itm... certain itms are hard coded to do certain things. my example is we have always used cid 6 for a tap in cad .. that is an offset and revit knows that, i could not get a tap to route and fill for nothing ... rebuilt the tap with cid 7 because revit knows its a tap ... Boom perfect every time.

i may be wrong about the designline "i dont think i am" but i am not about the cid's ... the transition would convert in revit and i could use it as a tap in revit but it would not 3 point route or fill.

hope this helps if anything it might cause others to weigh in

Offline nbuchTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2019, 14:14:33 PM »
Thanks for weighing in! The images below are straight out of an AU document, which I have attached as well, this is what i've been going off. Based from everything I've seen & read, this mapping has to be setup properly to go from design to fab, as shown in the document. I know the conversion will never be perfect but if I can get it to fill 75% instead of 50%, its a win in my book!

Much appreciated!

Offline cnash

• Premier Member
    • William R. Nash Companies
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2019, 15:32:54 PM »
So, on the topic of Designline in Revit.

Multi-point Routing (drawing directly with Fabrication parts) does NOT use designline preferences, but the Design to Fabrication (converting Generic Revit parts to Fabrication Parts) does.

I believe the class you are pulling the information from was pre-Multi-point Routing possibly.
But to have full functionality in Revit it is very much important to have designline working properly.

Now on your issue, it could be simple or convoluted I would try to just link the RedEOLTee to the RedILTee and see what it does first and go from there.
Christopher Nash
Operations Software & Process Manager
William R. Nash, LLC.