Author Topic: Who's using Remote Entry  (Read 4679 times)

Offline ScottieM

• Premier Member
Re: Who's using Remote Entry
« Reply #15 on: Jun 22, 2022, 15:26:27 PM »
Thanks. It's been almost 10 years since I've been in the modeling trenches; is there an app?
I looked on line and this is what I was looking for, but how do we get it on the fields laptops or tablets?
Scott M.
The Dude Abides

Offline Jona

« Reply #16 on: Jun 22, 2022, 18:48:22 PM »
Is this still an option? I don't see many posts after 2015.
Is anyone using this or anything similar for remote field ordering?

We have a RE station set up in our assembly/delivery area for charging out extras the field might ask for. I made a service with buttons for sealant, paint, sticks of ductmate, angle, etc. We're also having the field use it as well.

Offline ScottieM

• Premier Member
« Reply #17 on: Jun 23, 2022, 12:22:58 PM »
I found the video Jubel done from RH Mechanical, but I'm being told by a vendor that this does not import into CAM.
It just prints out a sheet with all the info on it the CAM operator then has to hand input it.
Is that correct?
Scott M.
The Dude Abides

Offline davidratx

• Premier Member
« Reply #18 on: Jun 23, 2022, 14:47:06 PM »
Share the link to the video. It should make an .maj that CAM can open.
David Ronson
TDIndustries Director of Construction Technologies
Windows 10 - Revit - AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct

Offline bobcat09

« Reply #19 on: Jun 23, 2022, 14:55:14 PM »
I found the video Jubel done from RH Mechanical, but I'm being told by a vendor that this does not import into CAM.
It just prints out a sheet with all the info on it the CAM operator then has to hand input it.
Is that correct?

Its been a while since I have worked with RE. In CAMduct, here are the file types you can open. It looks like RE creates a .REJ file, others can confirm.
Lyle Janda
TDIndustries
Windows 10- AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct - Revit - Navisworks

Offline ScottieM

• Premier Member
« Reply #20 on: Jun 23, 2022, 18:46:13 PM »
Here is the link. https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/class/Get-Most-Out-Fabrication-CAMduct-Fabrication-Remote-Entry-2014#video to the video
FYI why I'm asking, we're looking at implementing a software call BuildCentrix and they have a remote type entry, but it's not a direct library from our services and libraries. I think it links/paths from there fitting to our fitting, and I was wondering if remote entry is better, worse, or indifferent to BuildCentrix.

Scott M.
The Dude Abides

Offline Jona

« Reply #21 on: Jun 23, 2022, 18:49:36 PM »
Is that correct?

Its been a while since I have worked with RE. In CAMduct, here are the file types you can open. It looks like RE creates a .REJ file, others can confirm.

I can confirm. I open REJ files with CAMduct daily. Like your screen snip shows, the dropdown needs to be changed to REJ and then Remote Entry files become available to open.

Offline davidratx

• Premier Member
« Reply #22 on: Jun 23, 2022, 20:53:26 PM »
Darren I think has some experience with BuildCentrix but Im pretty sure you have to map your database values into the product then I will spit out a .jcm that you can import into CAMduct.
David Ronson
TDIndustries Director of Construction Technologies
Windows 10 - Revit - AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct

Offline Jbev

« Reply #23 on: Jun 24, 2022, 00:31:50 AM »
Might be semantics, but BCX has its own database that is agnostic. For integration into different CAM softwares, in particular CAMduct the mapping is setting up the export to match the filepath, JIMS, and then fields (Transition, CID 2, 8 fields with two locked and calculated).

For CAMduct it is a ASCII file type (called JCM in CAMduct).