Author Topic: Revit 2017 compared to CADmep 2017  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Challenger71Topic starter

Revit 2017 compared to CADmep 2017
« on: Nov 02, 2016, 14:43:31 PM »
I hear from several people in my office that it's the future (which I've heard for years now) but now with SysQUE building parts for it and having their menus in Revit, is it ready to replace CADmep?

Revit with SysQUE can spool. Guess that answers one question.

« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2016, 18:24:22 PM by Challenger71 »

Offline bobcat09

Re: Revit 2017 compared to CADmep 2017
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2016, 18:45:34 PM »
CADmep was discontinued, it's features were rolled into CADmep. Not to start a pissing match between Autodesk and its competitor, but the direction both companies are taking toward Revit are competently different. Make sure not to make the mistake of comparing the 2 thinking they are the same.

Do a quick search on here and you can find conversations that have been started on this topic. You can also find information on this topic posted on the Linkedin forms.

I'm sure others can add comments about this, my views and opinions (what I truly think is the right choice of direction) will be biased based off my position working for an AD reseller
Lyle Janda
TDIndustries
Windows 10- AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct - Revit - Navisworks

Offline cnash

• Premier Member
    • William R. Nash Companies
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2016, 19:24:41 PM »
Revit 2017 with Fabrication Parts and Revit 2017 with SysQue are two completely different things and each have their ups and downs. they also each have the market in which they are targeting.
We have tried SysQue in the past and are trying Revit with Fabrication Parts.
We do see that Revit may be the future but we haven't decided on a direct workflow yet.
Christopher Nash
Operations Software & Process Manager
William R. Nash, LLC.

Offline Challenger71Topic starter

« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2016, 13:43:53 PM »
The issue with Fab parts in Revit is that you can't change properties like insulation, stretch pipe or do the auto-fill routing, can't tag systems and etc. So that isn't a good solution.

The SysQUE system actually makes it look easier to transition from my aspect. I know Victaulic has created their own Revit menu system too that is comparable to the SysQUE system. 

Now the cost of setting it up is the only hurdle I have to deal with when it comes to talking to the owner.
« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2016, 13:53:19 PM by Challenger71 »

Offline davidratx

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2016, 13:58:53 PM »
The issue with Fab parts in Revit is that you can't change properties like insulation, stretch pipe or do the auto-fill routing, can't tag systems and etc. So that isn't a good solution.

The SysQUE system actually makes it look easier to transition from my aspect. I know Victaulic has created their own Revit menu system too that is comparable to the SysQUE system. 

Now the cost of setting it up is the only hurdle I have to deal with when it comes to talking to the owner.
David Ronson
TDIndustries Director of Construction Technologies
Windows 10 - Revit - AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct - GTP Stratus