Author Topic: custom item number block with hide  (Read 492 times)

Offline Andy0777Topic starter

custom item number block with hide
« on: Jul 13, 2017, 10:30:54 PM »
Please can anyone help me?! I am trying to create a custom block for my item numbers with a hide feature so when numbers are displayed, they show on top of any lines or objects that they sit on.

The help page says to use a 3dFACE.

I don't know how to do this. I have tried, and I got as far as creating a rectangle 3dface, but it didn't hide anything behind it.

Using wipeout hides the item number

Please help.

Offline rtlflat

Re: custom item number block with hide
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2018, 04:56:17 PM »
i made a block consisting of circle with attribute inside and then made a solid hatch to fill in circle. make the hatch some color you wouldn't normally use for anything else. I used 245. Then edit your plot style so color 245 or whatever you choose plots as white.

Not perfect. can still be hidden by objects closer to you but I use a combination of bring to front, placing using NEAREST grip on obstructing item, and after creating block i edited and moved the circle, hatch and attribute to 0,0,10 within block editor to bring it in a lil closer. not perfect. still have to play with it a bit each time but good enough for now.

I actually will try 3dface instead. didn't check help file so this may actually resolve limitations of my method. Ill let you know if I am able to get it working how I'd like this way.

Seems like this would be a good toggle option in database annotation settings.