Author Topic: hidden lines not displaying.  (Read 1276 times)

Offline nacnudTopic starter

hidden lines not displaying.
« on: Oct 20, 2017, 09:56:41 AM »
Hi I have  a strange issue with hidden lines being displayed correctly, my viewport is set to 'legacy hidden' as usual, my drawing is A0, if I select part of the drawing and print an A4 or A3 at 100% scale, my linetpes in the print preview are perfect, thin and dashed, if I select the whole drawing and print A0 at 100% scale, hidden lines become bold solid lines.
same printer same CTB settings, only the size of the selection changes. Any Ideas please.

Offline shilgartner

Re: hidden lines not displaying.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2017, 15:01:23 PM »
When you say you "select the whole drawing", are you in Model Space or Paper Space? There are 2 different linetype scale settings that could be affecting this.
SPS - Software Pre-Fab Solutions LLC

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2017, 16:28:28 PM »
its all in paperspace, the finished drawing is set up with global line type scales, which print perfectly if only a small area is selected but if I print the whole drawing end sheet the linetypes go solid bold, same plot scale.

Offline shilgartner

« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2017, 16:40:16 PM »
Is your "plot object lineweights" checked in your plot dialog box? And you say that the plot scale in the plot dialog box is consistent? It's not set to "fit to paper"?
SPS - Software Pre-Fab Solutions LLC

« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2017, 13:06:39 PM »
no, plot settings are consistent, plot scale is consistent the only variable is the area to be plotted, its almost as if there inst enough memory for a full populated A0 area.

Offline ScottieM

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2017, 13:32:00 PM »
What about your plot settings. By default, I it should work. But you never know if someone may have set something up.
Scott M.
The Dude Abides

« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2017, 09:21:38 AM »
What about your plot settings. By default, I it should work. But you never know if someone may have set something up.

Unfortunately not. I am litterally doing a plot preview on a small area and again on a big area within seconds using the same settings and getting different results on the larger area.

Offline ScottieM

• Premier Member
« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2017, 20:12:07 PM »
I'm reaching here, what about screen resolutions? Have you tried to increase your resolution?
Scott M.
The Dude Abides