Author Topic: Duct Item Reports & Worksheets IRP Request  (Read 552 times)

Offline coreysgray24Topic starter

Duct Item Reports & Worksheets IRP Request
« on: Dec 15, 2017, 05:03:34 PM »
Good afternoon fellow CAD wizards & professionals. I am currently developing a item report for all duct on a project so we can order through one of our third party duct manufacturers. We are looking for a report that contains an image of the duct, material & material thickness, size of duct on both ends, seams, connectors on both ends, length of duct, piece number of duct from our DWG's, liner on both the interior & exterior of the duct, whether on transitions it is flat or angled on any side, the degree of fitting, throat radius, and throat lengths.

I understand this is a large and comprehensive report and I am looking for help from anyone that can help guide me on the the proper steps on developing this report, and/or sending me a IRP file that contains some of it so I can use it as a template to build off of and reverse engineer. I am more than willing to share the finished product when it is complete!

Thank you all for your time!

Offline pistolpetel

Re: Duct Item Reports & Worksheets IRP Request
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2017, 06:43:55 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the right file but when I do one of my worksheets this is the path that's written at the top. We use this to make a book of every fitting we send out to the field. It should be a good start. For the transitions I go to the fitting and in the notes section on the fitting I write FOB or FOT and it shows up on the worksheet.

« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2017, 01:30:06 PM »
Thank you so much for your reply. I will be looking into this today and let you know how it goes sir.

Offline VirtualPilot

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2018, 02:27:08 PM »
Only worksheets can print images, I have built one before that resembles labels where it had the image of the duct and all the dimensions and materials associated with it...
Santos Cedeno
CAD/BIM Mgr - DIXIE Metal Products

« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2018, 07:36:46 PM »
Gentlemen, please see my attached final version of the worksheet I asked help on. It has come out beautifully for our purposes. Thank you all for your help and hope this helps someone else that needs it! Please view the pattern switches options selected to get the end result shown on your displayed dimensions for the graphical pattern views. Also, I have attached an image of what this will produce for you. If anyone needs a copy of the header/footer file I put together I would be happy to assist as needed.