Author Topic: Path Repair Tool with Commas  (Read 1785 times)

Offline DanielBotTopic starter

Path Repair Tool with Commas
« on: Jan 08, 2018, 22:31:23 PM »
Hello,

I was cleaning up some database stuff and realized that there are filenames with commas in it. I removed the commas and tried to repair the paths using the path repair tool. When putting this into Excel, its breaking the file path into different columns which is fine since I just fixed it so its in one column. Even with the filename and path identical to what it is in Fabrication, the path repair tool must not recognize the original path because of the commas. Is there anyway to get around this? I don't want to change them manually because I would have to do it for every profile we have.

Any help would be appreciated!

Offline Darren Young

• Premier Member
    • BIM There Done That.
Re: Path Repair Tool with Commas
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2018, 16:11:25 PM »
Haven't tried it but you could try enclosing the paths in double quotes and see if that fools VIPS into reading it as a full path similar to how you'd have to do it from a DOS batch file.

You could also export a Button Report and search/replace the CSV, then import that back into the service.  While you do this from a service, it updates the Service Template so you'll need to know which services to do it in to hit each service template.

Or, a simper option would be to have Tim Catalano knock you out some code using the Fabircation API.  ;-)

Offline timbot

« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2018, 19:05:14 PM »
Good thinking, actually, for some reason, I didn't think that a lot of the button data was even modifiable. but that actually opens up some great possibilities for Daniel.

Too bad though for RK, I'm actually leaving the MEP industry this Friday, so probably not time to roll out a new solution... Will be working in the visual effects industry in just a few weeks  8)

Offline bparrell

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2018, 19:24:05 PM »
That's a big hit for RK. Sure you taught Jubel everything you know. ;D  Good luck in your next venture.
The SoCAL (VERY OLDMAN NOW) Kid! LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE  HOLIDAYS BOB  ::) ::)  
WIN 10 O.S
Revit/Fabrication 2022/BDSU 2022
RUDOLPH and SLETTEN
MEP COORDINATOR

Offline Darren Young

• Premier Member
    • BIM There Done That.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2018, 22:05:28 PM »
Jubel isn't @ RK anymore either.

Offline timbot

« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2018, 19:53:33 PM »
thanks for the confidence Bob!

but yeah, there'll be a rough spot for RK, but there's a ton of quality people working in here at the moment, so it shouldn't be too big of a hit. getting a few resume's for people to help replace the automation workload, but there's definitely going to be a bit of a gap until they're up to par.

if anybody is looking for a job at a great company, get your resume's in soon!

also, yeah, no more Jubel here, that was difficult, but DanielBot has stepped in and over the last year has really excelled at picking up managing the database. Still some stuff to learn, but all in good time. mostly trade knowledge, but we've got tons of old field guys to help out there.

Offline DanielBotTopic starter

« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2018, 14:44:59 PM »
Unfortunately, the trick with the double quotes doesn't work. Also, didn't get Tim to sit down with me and test out the API way of removing/adding buttons. Looks like this will have to be something I'm going have to mess around with and see what happens!