Author Topic: Revit: Error "Fabrication job contains no parts" when importing MAJ files.  (Read 4266 times)

Offline Krysia7Topic starter

trying to import content from Fabrication into revit for coordination purposes and get the following Error message: "Fabrication job contains no parts" when importing MAJ files.  Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

Offline DonWunder

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Revit-Error-Fabrication-job-contains-no-parts-when-importing-Maj-files.html

We run into this sometimes with old data. It has to do with content in the MAJ that has parameters that do not exist in your database.
Don Wunderlich
The Hill Group

Offline Darren Young

• Premier Member
    • BIM There Done That.
Could also be if you have fittings that don't have specs/materials applied. There's a couple other obscure things w/certain CID's that I don't recall but Don's response as well as the Spec/Material issue are the most common things I see.

Offline bparrell

• Premier Member
Equipment if grabbed as a designline element will cause this also.
The SoCAL (VERY OLDMAN NOW) Kid! LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE  HOLIDAYS BOB  ::) ::)  
WIN 10 O.S
Revit/Fabrication 2022/BDSU 2022
RUDOLPH and SLETTEN
MEP COORDINATOR

Offline Krysia7Topic starter

Don thank you for the link you had provided.  I've read it and am wondering how often do you have to copy the GUID path and would that effect anything else in your database?  The steps strongly encourage to create back up of your database.

I've tried to bring content from Fabrication into Revit by selecting the Revit Imperial database and did not get the error.  How is the Imperial database different from the Revit Imperial database?

Offline edsharp

Howdee

I import fab into revit quite frequently and I have found two common problems that cause that error. ... for me at least.
First is we have a network database. and a local database on our laptops for when we are onsite or at home. If the detailer creates a drawing locally sometimes if the part has changed after it was drawn I will get that error so I perform a rebuildall. That works most of the time but if you can isolate the piece or pieces that are causing the problem you can do an updatefromsource.
The other issue is my armorflex insulation will cause it.... haven't figured that out yet, but really haven't dug into it I just switch to a different insulation.

Try bringing in a small section at a time and you'll find it's usually only one or 2 pieces causing it to fail