Author Topic: What tells Designline to use RedEOLTee over RedILTee  (Read 2108 times)

Offline ChrisHTopic starter

What tells Designline to use RedEOLTee over RedILTee
« on: Jan 11, 2018, 21:35:06 PM »
This has to be something simple I'm missing.

Easy example I'm running 24x12 duct and I put a small tap off of it or even the same size and it gives me a RedILTee and works like it should.  As soon as I make it a bigger perimeter but a size that will still fit it switches to RedEOLTee and does not fill correctly.

My tap has Fix Relative checked. I'm confused but it seems like something simple.

I'm just using these sizes as an example but a 20x20 duct clearly fits on 24" wide duct.  My flow arrows are showing the correct path.  Why am I getting an End Of Line, will size override flow?  Is this something I'll just need to change manually?  I feel like I've ran into this before but cant remember.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Offline cadbyken

• Premier Member
Re: What tells Designline to use RedEOLTee over RedILTee
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2018, 12:08:47 PM »
Simply put, it goes in order of what is in the Button Mappings tab of the services

If it can't fill the first item, then it goes to the next. 

The question is why is the first item not filling?

Ken Taylor - Atlantic Constructors, Inc
BIM Technology & Database Manager
Revit - not ready for Primetime given all of the add-ons, work arounds, and general issues with Fabrication in Revit.  Tired of them taking our money for little results.

Offline tvtinbender

« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2018, 17:00:36 PM »
Actually, I think his question is why does the system identify one DL code as a RedILTee and another as RedEOLTee, which has nothing to do with the button mappings in his Setup Services?

I do not think this is well documented but my understanding is that the system is analyzing the duct sizes in your routing and it has determined that the 20x20 (80 inch perimeter) running into the 24x12 (72 inch perimeter) is a RedEOLTee. One big duct with two smaller ducts coming off at the end. In the case of your 24x24 running into two 24x24 ducts, it stays as a RedILTee.
Troy VanSanten
Hermanson Company

Offline cadragon

« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2018, 19:05:00 PM »
I think the difference between a RedILTee and RedEOLTee is which connection the flow enters.  If the flow enters the lateral (part options: inlet 3, outlet 2) of the tee it is considered an RedEOLTee.  If the flow enters the main (part options: inlet 1, outlet 2) then it is considered a RedILTee.  Why does DesignLine treat these differently?  I really don't know.  I would have thought a software solution would have been preferred over the need to create an extra part.

« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2018, 00:23:31 AM »
Thanks for the input.  I believe its a mixture of a few scenarios but not sure which one is the driver.  Autodesk's explanation of RedEOLTee shows an end of one line with a flow in two different directions.  That, I understand but I'm trying to create a branch line.  You can see in the images from my first post that the flow arrows still show the source to the bottom left.  I also think when I try creating a branch that has a bigger perimeter than the main is whats causing it to switch .  I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to switch it. 

I know its not common but there are times we would like to achieve this. When using design line I'd like the source to be the source as long as its physically possible.  From a detailing end we can fix it but using EST its very time consuming when trying to get fast numbers.

Thoughts?

Offline SOstendorf

« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2018, 15:25:15 PM »
Setting the flow to not set usually will resolve the REDEOLT issue.
Shawn Ostendorf
Autodesk BDSU,Fabrication CADmep 2018,Fabrication ESTmep 2018
Dell Precision 7520,Windows 10 Pro,Intel Xenon (R) CPU E3-1535M V6 @ 3.10GHz,32GB RAM

« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2018, 18:15:11 PM »
Setting the flow to not set usually will resolve the REDEOLT issue.

Do you mean turning the flow off in the service?  Or where?  I really think this has to do with the branch being bigger.  What does everyone else do?  Just draw that stuff with the attacher arrow?  There are many times we come through a roof from a unit with multiple ducts tying into one duct. Maybe everyone is just doing this manually????