Author Topic: Node/Takeoff other end question  (Read 1689 times)

Offline ChrisHTopic starter

Node/Takeoff other end question
« on: Jan 16, 2018, 05:02:57 AM »
Anybody have any ideas for changing which end design line put a fitting?

My flange work great for adding manually and works fine when using the attacher arrow. I'd like to be able to drop a flange in my design line and have the node be on the face of the flange (C2) rather than the weld end. I tried using the button code script, which works manually but design line seems to ignore it. Any ideas?
Most of the other CID's I use give more inlet/outlet options under options. Thinking that might help but CID#2522 doesn't show that option. My next thought is to rebuild another flange making C1 the flange end but I'm hoping there is another option.

-Thanks

Offline SOstendorf

Re: Node/Takeoff other end question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2018, 15:23:27 PM »
Why are you adding just a flange? If the purpose is to add a flanged valve or something of that nature, just add the other item to the designline and the flanges will come in automatically. I don't even have my flanges button coded and all is good.
Shawn Ostendorf
Autodesk BDSU,Fabrication CADmep 2018,Fabrication ESTmep 2018
Dell Precision 7520,Windows 10 Pro,Intel Xenon (R) CPU E3-1535M V6 @ 3.10GHz,32GB RAM

Offline ChrisHTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2018, 15:53:01 PM »
Yeah for the most part everything works great but there are times when we would like to be able to connect to stuff with the flange side and not have to guess.  The biggest reason I'd like to be able to do what I'm asking for is when we are running certain services that are flange to flange and being able to drop them in at specified locations to fit on skids or complete spools.

Offline SOstendorf

« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2018, 14:51:24 PM »
Can you just end the design line? Button map open end to put in a flange...
Shawn Ostendorf
Autodesk BDSU,Fabrication CADmep 2018,Fabrication ESTmep 2018
Dell Precision 7520,Windows 10 Pro,Intel Xenon (R) CPU E3-1535M V6 @ 3.10GHz,32GB RAM

Offline frozen3

« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2018, 22:30:32 PM »
It's not the best workflow but it works...

Make all the design line grips hot that you need to move (shift+left click). Select two fitting that you want to mate, and click one blue grip to the other.

For instance, on a no-hub system, I'll make the branch grips hot, select the tee it goes into and the coupling I want it to mate to, click the blue grip of the tee and the blue grip of the coupling. Fill.

Edited: Found the video, it's quick. Learned a lot. From Applied Software.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7GV8nPkfto&t=355s
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2018, 22:41:17 PM by frozen3 »