Author Topic: Changing Female Allowance side on CID#866 Straight  (Read 3543 times)

Offline DonTopic starter

• Premier Member
    • Pure Fabs
Changing Female Allowance side on CID#866 Straight
« on: Jan 22, 2018, 16:53:22 PM »
CID#1, a commonly used straight pattern has an option (option 2 on the options tab) for changing the female seam allowance from the default "short side" to the "long side" if so required.

CID#866, the straight that can be set up to cut, list or be sent to the decoiler does not have this option, but I would like to see this added. One of the reasons is if it is being cut (plasma) and there is a large hole - maybe even full width of the short side we would prefer the male allowance to be on that side, which currently we can't set on CID#866.

If anyone agrees with this please vote for it using the link below..... Thanks. :)

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fabrication-ideas/idb-p/1220/tab/most-recent
“There's someone in my head, but it's not me.”
― Pink Floyd

Offline VW 8033

Re: Changing Female Allowance side on CID#866 Straight
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2018, 21:10:20 PM »
I agree it should be an option. As a work around we have a "reverse large Pittsburgh" that has the male allowance as .375" and the female allowance as 1.375".

Offline DonTopic starter

• Premier Member
    • Pure Fabs
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2018, 13:06:27 PM »
That's certainly a good workaround. If we don't see the option implemented then I may well have to use that too.  :)
― Pink Floyd

Offline Bonedigger

• Premier Member
    • Hercules Industries
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2018, 13:36:57 PM »
Hmm. Maybe I'm missing something. If I need the female allowance on the long side on CID#866, I just reverse the dimensions with the long side listed second. In fact, when I get downloads drawn in CADmep, I have to reverse the dimensions on the (machine cut) short joints if they were attached with the attacher arrow pointed the wrong way where the long side is listed second. Otherwise the pittsburgh ends up on the long (often S-Slip) side. CID#866 always puts the female allowance on the second dimension (unless your decoiler setup overrides it). Is that not the case on your end?
Chris
Autodesk Fabrication CAMduct 2019 v3.07.545 (2019.1.0), Autodesk Fabrication ESTmep 2022 v22.0.110.2 (2022.0.0.F) Windows 10, 64-Bit

Offline DonTopic starter

• Premier Member
    • Pure Fabs
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2018, 15:33:32 PM »
I understand where you are coming from but if we receive an item, especially if it has holes, etc. then it becomes a task to re input the straight the other way round and ensure the holes is moved to another face. Much easier if we can just change the seam female location leaving everything else the same.

We can do that on CID#1 but not on CID#866.
― Pink Floyd

Offline Bonedigger

• Premier Member
    • Hercules Industries
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2018, 15:44:07 PM »
I understand where you are coming from but if we receive an item, especially if it has holes, etc. then it becomes a task to re input the straight the other way round and ensure the holes is moved to another face. Much easier if we can just change the seam female location leaving everything else the same.

We can do that on CID#1 but not on CID#866.

That's true. If it has a hole in the side you would have to move the hole too.
Chris
Autodesk Fabrication CAMduct 2019 v3.07.545 (2019.1.0), Autodesk Fabrication ESTmep 2022 v22.0.110.2 (2022.0.0.F) Windows 10, 64-Bit