Author Topic: Min fitting to fitting distance  (Read 1877 times)

Offline rtlflatTopic starter

Min fitting to fitting distance
« on: Mar 06, 2018, 07:20:22 AM »
Is there a setting or spec that can be setup to keep certain fittings from coming in on DL or fill between 2 ends without the min required distance between them? Maybe a minimum length for certain size straight? I found STD straight setting in database-fittings-specifications but no min option. Under database-takeoff-stretch there a min straight length but I  don't think that's what I'm looking for and I only need to set for 1 size anyways.

Propress fittings require a minimum distance from end of fitting to next fitting. It would be nice to just generate DL from piping and if some kind of min spacing based on size can be declared then just refill the piping with rolled 90s to 45s automatically filling in to replace what is currently 90-90 below the min spacing. It's mostly just the 2-1/2" fittings that been issue since I believe that size requires 5/8" gap. the 1/2"- 1-1/2" are dwarfed by the 2-1/2" so hasn't been a problem and 2" has mostly been fine too.

Offline SOstendorf

Re: Min fitting to fitting distance
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2018, 13:55:37 PM »
Look into offset rules. This can help with what you are talking about I believe.
Shawn Ostendorf
Autodesk BDSU,Fabrication CADmep 2018,Fabrication ESTmep 2018
Dell Precision 7520,Windows 10 Pro,Intel Xenon (R) CPU E3-1535M V6 @ 3.10GHz,32GB RAM

Offline rtlflatTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2018, 01:17:48 AM »
wouldn't the offset rules only apply when specifically routing an offset (rolling, advancing, etc) or is elevation change only considered an offset by the software? Just tried unsuccessfully to get it to work but I have to head to class so I'll give it another shot later tonight.

Offline frozen3

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 17:30:28 PM »
I can say the offset rules are for close offsets, it won't help you in this situation.

If you have the rules set up, this will make your 90 to 90 offsets go 45 to 45 instead when they get to a certain distance. When I get closer than 3" with an offset it puts in two 45 degree bends for me instead.

We finally got DL to work, and I was wondering about this myself, but we're better off using a script or LSP to identify the problem spots after the fill, searching for pipe lengths less than (X).

Offline frozen3

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 17:36:20 PM »
Just saw another post, look here...

http://www.xtracad.com/forum/index.php/topic,13820.0.html

I wonder if you can copy your pipe ITM file and make the new one have a minimum straight length...