Author Topic: Spot Elevation Command  (Read 1409 times)

Offline lbenjamin58

Spot Elevation Command
« on: Apr 07, 2018, 13:37:01 PM »
I like the spot elevation command for Revit parts, but i am using Fabrication in Revit. Spot elevation does not work for fabrication duct. It pops up TOD???/BOD???. Does anyone know to make it work for fabrication duct?

Thank you,
Lance

Offline davidratx

• Premier Member
Re: Spot Elevation Command
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2018, 19:55:16 PM »
I like the spot elevation command for Revit parts, but i am using Fabrication in Revit. Spot elevation does not work for fabrication duct. It pops up TOD???/BOD???. Does anyone know to make it work for fabrication duct?

Thank you,
Lance
I think at this point you will need to use regular annotation.

Why would you use this over regular annotation?
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2018, 13:44:19 PM by davidratx »
David Ronson
TDIndustries Director of Construction Technologies
Windows 10 - Revit - AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct - GTP Stratus

Offline lbenjamin58

Re: Spot Elevation Command
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2018, 19:25:05 PM »
I just made a tag using the "tag by category". Its not as clean as the spot elevation but it does the trick. You have to choose the Fabrication Category under Load tags and symbols. If you dont have any to start with you need to load the family. Search through the browser  US Imperial>Annotations>Mechanical>Duct. Load tags from there. Choose a tag, to use than select the duct. After highlight the tag, then click Edit Family at the top. Now, highlight the tag and click on edit label at the top. This will bring you to a window (pictured below) where you can change the parameters of the tag. I show the elevation tag that I made. Make sure to save as family, then load it into project.