Author Topic: Street 45s  (Read 1458 times)

Offline cnashTopic starter

• Premier Member
    • William R. Nash Companies
Street 45s
« on: Apr 10, 2018, 15:52:55 PM »
This may apply to more than just street 45s, but I am building some items and trying to get the street 45 to place into a wye.

I got it to actually place it, but for some reason it places it with the wrong inlet and outlet to where the hub is overlapping the wye hub then it is adding a coupling to the street end to connect to the pipe.

I have tried flipping the connector to no avail.

Pattern is 2523, Using C2 & C3, flipping those in the options tab for inlet and outlet seem to have no effect.
Christopher Nash
Operations Software & Process Manager
William R. Nash, LLC.

• Premier Member
Re: Street 45s
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2018, 16:18:19 PM »
So.. I fixed it but I honestly have no idea how...
I kept flipping them back and forth, locking them, unlocking them... And one time it just happened to work connector 2 then 3 and locked.

Previous attempts with the same settings didn't work. Not sure what happened to be honest, but I am glad they are working now.
Christopher Nash
William R. Nash, LLC.

Offline Darren Young

• Premier Member
    • BIM There Done That.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2018, 17:40:11 PM »
I thought you used Building Data....why the need to build a fitting? They have just about everything.

You could always see how theirs works, assuming it does and it's not a pattern issue causing them issues too.

Before I submit a ticket to Autodesk, I typically also try their default content to see if the issue exists there. Sometimes, theirs works then I know it's an issue with my config. If it doesn't work in theirs either, then I know it's likely a software issue.

Additionally, when I submit the ticket using their own content, I don't get the "send if your database" push back where they assume it's something I have jacked up.

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2018, 18:42:40 PM »
I thought you used Building Data....why the need to build a fitting? They have just about everything.

You could always see how theirs works, assuming it does and it's not a pattern issue causing them issues too.

Before I submit a ticket to Autodesk, I typically also try their default content to see if the issue exists there. Sometimes, theirs works then I know it's an issue with my config. If it doesn't work in theirs either, then I know it's likely a software issue.

Additionally, when I submit the ticket using their own content, I don't get the "send if your database" push back where they assume it's something I have jacked up.

Long story, but I do build some of my own stuff.
I also check manufacturer's content and autodesk's default stuff but I have noticed that those sometimes have issues where connectors are flipped or fields are filled out incorrectly.
Christopher Nash
William R. Nash, LLC.