Author Topic: Field labor tracking using the model  (Read 129 times)

Offline cnashTopic starter

• Premier Member
    • William R. Nash Companies
Field labor tracking using the model
« on: May 07, 2018, 07:21:45 PM »
We are looking into a possible field labor production tracker and we are assuming that using our model (since we have all the data for estimating loaded) would be the best way.

Does anyone know any solutions that do this currently? FabPro1? BIM360?

I'm sure someone here is using such a solution, throw them at me. :)
Christopher Nash
Pre-Construction Coordinator
All things Database Management & Autodesk Product Support
William R. Nash Companies

Offline Jbev

Re: Field labor tracking using the model
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 11:59:53 PM »
When you say you have all the data for estimating, does that mean each individual piece/part in the model has budgeted install time? Does the company want to be that granular, or is there a larger building block of material in your model that time/activity can be tracked to such as a 'Phase or Spool'?

I don't believe that a time keeping solution currently exists for the field that is tied into a model. There are timecard solutions that allow you to enter the estimate data, and run the collection of time against the estimate/budget by Phase/Code.

I can see the value of being able to equate time/labour to material hung/installed for example pieces of straight duct/pipe per hour and fittings per hour. This could be extrapolated from the time collected to phase/spool, but won't be completely accurate.

Offline ScottieM

• Premier Member
Re: Field labor tracking using the model
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 12:14:30 PM »
We use a program called FabPro1. It's great for this and can be used from design all the way to installation.
We do not use the estimating side, but I imagine you can use the model and associated labor rates to do that and then run a report. You may need the estimating program to modify you rates, or if you're Building Data, those areas may be locked.
Post something in the ESTmep section of the forum.
Scott M.
The Dude Abides