Author Topic: Insulation developments  (Read 789 times)

Offline tsurprenantTopic starter

Insulation developments
« on: Jun 01, 2018, 03:48:05 PM »
So the system is not developing my ductboard insulation correctly.
When I use a ductboard pattern 948 it is cutting it correctly with our router.
When I use the same material as insulation in a double wall fitting (pattern 1) it does something different. I can tell from the 3D drawing that the dimensions are correct, so I don't know what is going wrong.

Offline Rick Hillson

Re: Insulation developments
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2018, 11:34:11 AM »
we have the same problem with doublewall. We have put in tickets since 2012. When doublewall is used it cuts the insulation to the size of the inner piece, The work around we use is to save a copy of the .maj ,  open the original one and untick the doublewall and process it with the liner only.  Then take the copy and process the complete batch , then delete the outer duct and liner.

Offline cadbob

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2018, 04:38:12 PM »
Are you guy's using Insulation Spec? All seems fine when I tested here using Version's 2017.2018 and 2019
When someone asks where you see yourself in 5 years... Buddy, I'm just trying to make it to Friday. :)

Offline JHimmerich

« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2019, 09:15:55 PM »
We have had the same issue with our doublewall. It wants to cut the insulation to the inside of the inner skin.
The insulation spec has help on most of the fittings that we use. We also had to change the insulation parts to wrap inside
for this to work. We are still having issues with a few of our parts CID#7, 8 & 342. Has anyone been able to correct this issue?

Offline gamosher

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 11:53:02 AM »
Sorry about being so late to the party, but when we had this problem with our liner, the fix was to change the Insulation Parts to "Wraps Inside" and that fixed the Problem for us. Of course that also meant that we were required to use the outside dimensions for our Double Wall Duct, but easy come, easy go.
I hope this helps someone.
Greg Mosher