Author Topic: Stiffener and Tie Rod question..  (Read 76 times)

Offline effimero89Topic starter

Stiffener and Tie Rod question..
« on: Jun 13, 2018, 07:54:20 PM »
Before, the cam user would use acronyms on the labels to show where the Tie Rods would go.

Ex. JTR/BE/CTR/BW = Joint Tie Rod/Both Ends/Center Tie Rod/Both Ways.

So if that showed on the label they would know to put the tie rods in the ends and in the center of the duct for the width and height of the duct.

This is all based on SMACNA, naturally.

I'm slowly setting up my tie rod stuff in camduct but how do I show any of that on the label?

Other than manually putting that information in for every item I have no idea how to go about this. Any help would be appreciated!
CAMduct 2018/2019

Offline Rick Hillson

Re: Stiffener and Tie Rod question..
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2018, 11:20:12 AM »
we set our stiffeners up in Cam also. We let the shop know what is required by a connector number .
a TC1 is a TDC connector with 1/2" joint tie rods rods / a TC2 is a TDC connector with 3/4" joint tie rods / ETC.
We just added a number after the connector name and we have a chart hung in the shop spelling out what type of stiffeners are required for each number.  The shop gets to know the numbers after a while so they know what is required just by the number without even using the chart.
hope this helps

Offline effimero89Topic starter

« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2018, 01:07:57 PM »
So that's all the info they need?

I thinking hand punching in all this info that we do is a waste of time...?

I don't have any real way to automatically put in all this information so i may have to do something like your doing. But I have a feeling they will complain
CAMduct 2018/2019

Offline TruDuctInputter

« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2018, 12:41:43 AM »
I have stiffeners named 1JTR/1MPT, 1MPT, 1JTR/2MPT, etc... and use the "item stiffener name" field to list the tie rod info on my labels.
You have to make sure that the "stiffener" you use has the correct "breakpoints" entered in.
One you have all of your stiffeners named and detailed out with correct breakpoints, you have to reference those stiffeners in your specification charts.
When you have all of that done, you have to make sure the duct you're working with has the correct specification applied so that it automatically attributes the correct tie rods with the correct breakpoints to the duct.