Author Topic: Localize Setup.map  (Read 217 times)

Offline wwesselsTopic starter

Localize Setup.map
« on: Jul 12, 2018, 08:01:23 PM »
I am looking for a way to get the setting that controls the use of that Service layers vs the current AutoCAD layer for drawing pipe to be by user, without using a Profile. We already have this for our spool.ini so i tried moving the setup.map to the local settings folder and this did not seem to do anything.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Offline Darren Young

• Premier Member
    • Hermancon Company LLP
Re: Localize Setup.map
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2018, 02:52:46 PM »
Asside from copying the database local, I don't know that it's possible.

You said you tried moving it to the local settings folder, do you mean you moved it to a local folder that contains MAP.INI or do you mean you copied it here...

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Fabrication <####>\CADmep

If either of those don't work (those tricks use to work better years ago), I think your only option would be to copy the entire DB locally.

I'd be cautious about swapping out SETUP.MAP.   I know a number of things to controls but not everything because no matter what you seem to do in the DB, SETUP.MAP get's updated so it, above most other files makes me nervous.

Offline wwesselsTopic starter

Re: Localize Setup.map
« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2018, 08:13:26 PM »
I moved it to the folder with the map.ini, but I will give the Appdata folder a try, but in testing it seems to get recreated in the Database folder even after being cut out, which seems to tell me that it might not be possible to move it alone. Next best option appears to be a unique config that just maps all the other paths to the same place as the main database.