Author Topic: How to Import Unsupported CID Patterns into Revit using IFC  (Read 1771 times)

Offline davidratxTopic starter

• Premier Member
This has come up somewhat frequently lately. Moving a project into Revit for a deliverable and how to handle unsupported pattern elements w/o having to remodel them in Revit.

https://www.asti.com/import-unsupported-cid-patterns-into-revit-using-ifc/
David Ronson
TDIndustries Director of Construction Technologies
Windows 10 - Revit - AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct - GTP Stratus

Offline cadbob

• Premier Member
    • SMWIA Local 17
Re: How to Import Unsupported CID Patterns into Revit using IFC
« Reply #1 on: Aug 08, 2018, 16:35:08 PM »
Very Nice Dave!

Do you have 2019 loaded? If so I think there is an issue with Revit 2019 and IFC's. After the IFC is bound, I haven't found away to Ungroup it, as I can't even select objects from the IFC (Flex+Grilles).

There may be a way I'm just not fluent enough in Revit yet.

Let me know if you can. By the way Revit 2018.3 worked as you describe.
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2018, 18:49:21 PM by cadbob »
When someone asks where you see yourself in 5 years... Buddy, I'm just trying to make it to Friday. :)

Offline cadbob

• Premier Member
    • SMWIA Local 17
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2018, 11:28:54 AM »
yup they broke something in Revit 2019 or changed, notice how the Linked/Binded IFCXml is Grayed out and can not select anything as well.

Working way for Revit 2019
Used Selection to select the UN-Comaptable Items and IFCXML out than Open ICFXml directly, than used Import MAJ
All Good!! :)
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2018, 11:57:51 AM by cadbob »
When someone asks where you see yourself in 5 years... Buddy, I'm just trying to make it to Friday. :)

Offline davidratxTopic starter

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: Aug 09, 2018, 13:32:17 PM »
yup they broke something in Revit 2019 or changed, notice how the Linked/Binded IFCXml is Grayed out and can not select anything as well.

Used Selection to select the UN-Comaptable Items and IFCXML out than Open ICFXml directly, than used Import MAJ
Thanks for the help here. I been buried with other work and havent had time to look into it.
David Ronson
TDIndustries Director of Construction Technologies
Windows 10 - Revit - AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct - GTP Stratus

Offline cadbob

• Premier Member
    • SMWIA Local 17
« Reply #4 on: Aug 09, 2018, 14:12:03 PM »

Thanks for the help here. I been buried with other work and havent had time to look into it.

Oh no Problem and thank you for the tips, without them I would not of been this far! :)

Not sure when we changed to IfcXml, i was trying IFC but could not get to work correctly.
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2018, 14:21:56 PM by cadbob »