Author Topic: MEP Force 2018 - Austin Fabrication Forum  (Read 6351 times)

Offline cadbykenTopic starter

• Premier Member
MEP Force 2018 - Austin Fabrication Forum
« on: Aug 27, 2018, 19:57:15 PM »
Who is here besides me?
Ken Taylor - Atlantic Constructors, Inc
BIM Technology & Database Manager
Revit - not ready for Primetime given all of the add-ons, work arounds, and general issues with Fabrication in Revit.  Tired of them taking our money for little results.

Offline davidratx

• Premier Member
Re: MEP Force 2018 - Austin Fabrication Forum
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2018, 22:45:37 PM »
Who is here besides me?

Everyone, make sure to look me up.
David Ronson
TDIndustries Director of Construction Technologies
Windows 10 - Revit - AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct - GTP Stratus

Offline SSchmitt85

« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2018, 15:03:17 PM »
Some from Mtech is here.
~Therapy is expensive.... But popping bubble wrap is cheap and effective~

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2018, 12:25:51 PM »
Had a really good time.  Reminded me a lot of the old LVUGM meetings from years ago.  Nice size group and looking forward to the next one.
Revit - not ready for Primetime given all of the add-ons, work arounds, and general issues with Fabrication in Revit.  Tired of them taking our money for little results.

Offline BradHendricks

• GTP Services, LLC
« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2018, 14:55:42 PM »
Thanks to everyone who attended my first class! Had a great time down there! Just a better atmosphere and experience. Great to see everyone, most had the thought of, "Why attend AU when we have this?" and I agree.
Brad Hendricks
GTP Services, LLC

Offline kroberson

« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2018, 16:47:35 PM »
I am bummed that i missed out on this, I used to go the the old TSI usergroups and thought they were a good size group of people.  Is anybody going to AU this year that might want to connect?  Looking to get into some talks about reporting and database setup.  Looking for anyone that uses Fabrication for coordinating and fabricating sheet metal.  Message me if interested. 

Offline bstacks

« Reply #6 on: Aug 31, 2018, 20:08:22 PM »
Had a really good time.  Reminded me a lot of the old LVUGM meetings from years ago.  Nice size group and looking forward to the next one.

I'm sorry we didn't get to hang out Ken, but thank you for coming. I hope it was the "good" stuff from the old UG minus the shady sales company stuff! I can't wait to see this event double in size next year. As I mentioned at the closing session, we will start calling for presenters in January if not sooner. I want to get the schedule posted earlier for the next one.

Offline bstacks

« Reply #7 on: Aug 31, 2018, 20:09:21 PM »
Thanks to everyone who attended my first class! Had a great time down there! Just a better atmosphere and experience. Great to see everyone, most had the thought of, "Why attend AU when we have this?" and I agree.

Glad we finally got to meet Brad and thank you for supporting the event with a session!

• Premier Member
« Reply #8 on: Aug 31, 2018, 21:38:03 PM »

I'm sorry we didn't get to hang out Ken, but thank you for coming. I hope it was the "good" stuff from the old UG minus the shady sales company stuff! I can't wait to see this event double in size next year. As I mentioned at the closing session, we will start calling for presenters in January if not sooner. I want to get the schedule posted earlier for the next one.
Brett, no worries.  You are a busy man but I noticed I didn't get my M&Ms, blue only.  ;)
I had fun teaching a class but not sure how it went from the audience's perspective.  Trying to come up with ideas for next time as well.  Overall, Applied did a great job, specially since it was your first go around.  Can't wait until next time.

• Premier Member
« Reply #9 on: Aug 31, 2018, 21:39:41 PM »
I am bummed that i missed out on this, I used to go the the old TSI usergroups and thought they were a good size group of people.  Is anybody going to AU this year that might want to connect?  Looking to get into some talks about reporting and database setup.  Looking for anyone that uses Fabrication for coordinating and fabricating sheet metal.  Message me if interested.
We are sending people but, honestly, we will more than likely be pairing back from AU in the future and concentrating on this event.  It is specific to what we do.

Offline cyan

• Premier Member
« Reply #10 on: Sep 02, 2018, 02:04:08 AM »
I had fun teaching a class but not sure how it went from the audience's perspective.  T

Which class did you teach? I know there was a good general session presentation by Limbach, curious if that was you. If so, as I just said, was pretty good. lol.

• Premier Member
« Reply #11 on: Sep 04, 2018, 12:19:29 PM »
I had fun teaching a class but not sure how it went from the audience's perspective.  T

Which class did you teach? I know there was a good general session presentation by Limbach, curious if that was you. If so, as I just said, was pretty good. lol.
No, not me.  That was Richard Davidson, our national BIM manager.  I taught the Excel in Fabrication class on Wednesday morning. 

Richard did do a great job though. 

Looks like I missed several people from the forum there.  Always next year though.
« Last Edit: Sep 04, 2018, 14:55:51 PM by cadbyken »

Offline bobcat09

« Reply #12 on: Sep 04, 2018, 14:51:37 PM »
Had a good time at the event, I thought ASTI did a really good job for their first year. We will defiantly be going back next year.
Lyle Janda
TDIndustries
Windows 10- AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct - Revit - Navisworks

Offline cnash

• Premier Member
    • William R. Nash Companies
« Reply #13 on: Sep 04, 2018, 16:27:44 PM »
It was a good event and can't wait for next year. Always good talking with all you (somewhat) like minded folk. ;)
Christopher Nash
Operations Software & Process Manager
William R. Nash, LLC.

Offline cyan

• Premier Member
« Reply #14 on: Sep 05, 2018, 13:37:55 PM »
I taught the Excel in Fabrication class on Wednesday morning. 

If I'm being honest, I didn't learn very much from that class.

Now you might say that some of that was because I wasn't in that class, but I would say that this is defensive reasoning.