Author Topic: MEP Force 2018 - Austin Fabrication Forum  (Read 6353 times)

Offline cadbykenTopic starter

• Premier Member
Re: MEP Force 2018 - Austin Fabrication Forum
« Reply #15 on: Sep 05, 2018, 15:32:48 PM »
If I'm being honest, I didn't learn very much from that class.

Now you might say that some of that was because I wasn't in that class, but I would say that this is defensive reasoning.

I...do...not...understand.... :o
Ken Taylor - Atlantic Constructors, Inc
BIM Technology & Database Manager
Revit - not ready for Primetime given all of the add-ons, work arounds, and general issues with Fabrication in Revit.  Tired of them taking our money for little results.

Offline cyan

• Premier Member
« Reply #16 on: Sep 05, 2018, 16:00:03 PM »
It's not worth the brain damage for such a stupid joke, lol

Offline cadbykenTopic starter

• Premier Member
« Reply #17 on: Sep 05, 2018, 16:31:08 PM »
It's not worth the brain damage for such a stupid joke, lol
lol, it actually hurt when I read it and then read it again, and again.
Ken Taylor - Atlantic Constructors, Inc
BIM Technology & Database Manager
Revit - not ready for Primetime given all of the add-ons, work arounds, and general issues with Fabrication in Revit.  Tired of them taking our money for little results.

Offline dopefish

« Reply #18 on: Oct 10, 2018, 17:50:08 PM »
How was MEP force? I had to choose between it and AU. With the lack of fab support at AU i may be inclined to change my mind next year.
"And the wood header is still 4  3/4" on top of the top of the double top plate." . . . Random VDC Coodinator

I love coordination

Offline Darren Young

• Premier Member
    • BIM There Done That.
« Reply #19 on: Oct 10, 2018, 19:52:45 PM »
If you want Fab related info...CAD/CAM/EST, Revit Fab Parts, eVolve Mech/Elect and associated technologies, definitely go to MEP Force. I'd imagine it'll only get better and it was good as it was. Has the vibe of the old TSI User Group days (minus the vendor/customer negativity and tension). Was the night before the event that a hallway conversation I had made the event worth while for me.

Judging from the difficulty I'm having finding help with my regular pool of folks that help in my labs, most (not all) of the folks I know are not going to AU this year at all or are sending a much smaller group. I'd say about 10% of the folks I run into each year are going this year based on conversations I've had. Most say MEP Force is what they'll be going to from now on.

Offline cnash

• Premier Member
    • William R. Nash Companies
« Reply #20 on: Oct 10, 2018, 20:27:20 PM »
If you want Fab related info...CAD/CAM/EST, Revit Fab Parts, eVolve Mech/Elect and associated technologies, definitely go to MEP Force. I'd imagine it'll only get better and it was good as it was. Has the vibe of the old TSI User Group days (minus the vendor/customer negativity and tension). Was the night before the event that a hallway conversation I had made the event worth while for me.

Judging from the difficulty I'm having finding help with my regular pool of folks that help in my labs, most (not all) of the folks I know are not going to AU this year at all or are sending a much smaller group. I'd say about 10% of the folks I run into each year are going this year based on conversations I've had. Most say MEP Force is what they'll be going to from now on.

This, exactly this!
Christopher Nash
Operations Software & Process Manager
William R. Nash, LLC.

Offline jcravens

• http://www.leecompany.com
« Reply #21 on: Oct 11, 2018, 18:23:19 PM »

I agree with you Darren completely.  Applied did a great job on this event and will be going anytime it is ever offered.  Really enjoyed catching up with all you guys and gals.  That is what it is all about is the networking and learning little things here and there that you did not know.
Josh Cravens
Database / Software Configuration Manager
jcravens@leecompany.com
Franklin, TN 37067

Offline jmerch

• Premier Member
« Reply #22 on: Oct 12, 2018, 13:08:49 PM »
I agree! MEP Force was a great event. If this event keeps going, and Autodesk keeps NOT improving/fixing the software, we will keep attending MEP Force. Always good to network with you guys. I learn so much every time.
Intel i7-6700K @ 4 GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia Quadro M5000 - W10x64 - MEP & FABRICATION 2014/2017 - NAVIS 2017 - REVIT 2017.1

Offline fishandchips

• Premier Member
« Reply #23 on: Nov 28, 2018, 19:29:52 PM »
woulder, shouder, couldn'tver
 >:(
Older and wiser - President at C2B INC (formerly CC2BL INC). Wondering how long I can get away with my 2018 lifetime CAD MEP combo licence. Squeaking by with a circa 2012 HP EliteBook 8760w with a new motherboard, second solid state drive and Windows 10 upgrade.

Offline bstacks

« Reply #24 on: Dec 17, 2018, 19:10:54 PM »
Hi All,
Just a heads up that we are working on the next MEP Force event already. With a goal to double the attendance. Location will most likely be in San Antonio and in August again. Yes, I know it is hot, but at least we will be in another cool place ;) right off the river walk.

In order to keep this event going and strong, we really need speakers so please let me know if you are interested. It's a free registration if you do!

If you are not able to be a speaker, but you are able to join us then I'd still like to hear from you. Please provide me with feedback on the types of sessions you would like to see. My goal is to get the schedule posted much earlier this time to give you more time to register and sign up for the classes.