Author Topic: UPDATEMAPTABLE  (Read 1800 times)

Offline jmerchTopic starter

• Premier Member
UPDATEMAPTABLE
« on: Nov 15, 2018, 21:43:08 PM »
I'm trying something new and thought this wasn't an issue. If we initially select items and place a report on a sheet (a table report such as a BOM or list) and then content gets updated later, how can we update just that table? UPDATEMAPTABLE has you select the table but it updates it for all objects in the model, not just what you had selected...same with UPDATEALLMAPTABLES. I searched on here and couldn't find anything. I found the USR and UASR commands on here but those don't do it either.

Basically there's nothing that ties the table to the items selected, right? Which is why it wouldn't work? I'm thinking maybe I'd have to add some sort of attribute to the items that are initially selected such as a Custom Data field with a value, and have the report filter for that value?
Intel i7-6700K @ 4 GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia Quadro M5000 - W10x64 - MEP & FABRICATION 2014/2017 - NAVIS 2017 - REVIT 2017.1

Offline wwessels

Re: UPDATEMAPTABLE
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2018, 14:43:46 PM »
We had this issue as well for a while, then we found the commands UPDATESPOOLREPORT and UPDATEALLSPOOLREPORTS. These are versions of the UPDATMAPTABLE commands that work when you spool to layout and you have many spools in one dwg.

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2018, 14:46:17 PM »
I've tried those with no luck. Do those only work if you have an actual spool layout tab? How does it know? Or does it go off the Report Position blocks that you would normally have on spools?
Intel i7-6700K @ 4 GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia Quadro M5000 - W10x64 - MEP & FABRICATION 2014/2017 - NAVIS 2017 - REVIT 2017.1

Offline wwessels

« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2018, 21:14:53 PM »
That i'm not sure but we always use it on the spools layout tab and it seems to work the first updates just the spools and the second updates all the spool reports in the drawing. I think it could be going off of the layout tab name because when we spool to layout they are always named after the spool. Maybe we are having a different issue but i remember spooling to layout tab and having to use add report to completely replace a spools reports one at a time so they would not each get updated with every item in the assembly.

Offline RDS

« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2018, 21:45:58 PM »
UPDATEMAPTABLE

Tables created with Addreport can be automatically updated to reflect drawing changes/additions, as long as they have been setup with an internal “Filter”.

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2018, 21:53:46 PM »
UPDATEMAPTABLE

Tables created with Addreport can be automatically updated to reflect drawing changes/additions, as long as they have been setup with an internal “Filter”.

Yes, I know this. So I would have to apply some sort of custom data for it to filter out. Was trying to see if there was a way for reports to remember what was selected initially and thought USR did but apparently not. In our case it doesn't help because in one file we may have different zones and use those to filter but that means I'd have to have reports setup for each zone type which is not really helping.