Author Topic: Double Wall Duct not sending correctly to decoiler  (Read 6385 times)

Offline VirtualPilot

• Premier Member
Re: Double Wall Duct not sending correctly to decoiler
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 12:45:33 PM »
Have you tried by making DUCT to be the outer material and SKIN to be the inner material? That is how we found it to work better for us, for example, our double wall fittings the inner portion is 1" larger than the outer so it will "slip" into the pipe...
Santos Cedeno
Pre-Production Mgr - DIXIE Metal Products

Offline Jona

« Reply #16 on: Jun 09, 2020, 22:33:02 PM »
So thread revival time - I'm currently having this issue with 64"x58" AUTO length duct where the outer should go to the decoiler and the inner to the plasma. Skin is set to be perforated and skin is set to inside. This is 2" liner so I have TDF on the outer and a 5" flange in the inner.

I was going to try to swap them and see if that would work and perf doesn't show up as an outer option due to specs - so swapping doesn't seem the correct route.

I'm assuming at this point the solution is to just make the inner a new separate piece so it will go to the plasma, but hoping someone has a fix.

Offline Darren Young

• Premier Member
    • BIM There Done That.
« Reply #17 on: Jun 10, 2020, 15:45:42 PM »
Jona,

I haven't tested but our CAM operator is telling me our Per DOES go to the table and the wrapper to the coil line.

On the other hand, liner is going to the waterjet not running the liner on the coil on DW. And all liner is calculated to the INSIDE of the Perf not the wrapper regardless of settings, so we typically have to make a copy of all fittings or change the existing ones to change to liner only from DW after nesting the perf so we can then nest the liner and have it developed properly.

May want to reach out directly to Martin Schmid...he's dug in pretty deep on the DW issues we've sent to him. Might get a change of getting it fixed in the next decade that way. ;-)