Author Topic: Show Layout of Tie Rods in a Duct?  (Read 999 times)

Offline jaysomlamTopic starter

Show Layout of Tie Rods in a Duct?
« on: Sep 14, 2018, 20:14:15 PM »
Is there a way to show the layout of tie rods in a duct?  I am trying to setup stiffeners with tie rods and external stiffener.  I can see the external stiffener using CADmep.  But there doesn't seem to be a way to see the tie rods.  All I can see is the name of the stiffener that is assigned to a duct.  But for the purpose of checking the stiffener in order to see if the stiffener is setup correctly, I need to see the layout of the tie rods.

Someone asked me to use Opus to see the layout of tie rods.  I have tried it.  But it seems to be for making custom parts.  I don't see how Opus can show the tie rods layout.

So far the only way seems to be to examine the holes after the duct has been nested.  Is that the only way?

Thanks for any suggestion.

Jaysom

Offline aloisiarai

Re: Show Layout of Tie Rods in a Duct?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2018, 20:38:56 PM »
Have you checked on the fitting editor and click on the develop button?

Offline Darren Young

• Premier Member
    • BIM There Done That.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2018, 20:43:13 PM »
You can look at the developments of a duct in Opus and it'll show where the tierod holes are in the development if you configure CAM to cut/burn the rod holes.

Offline jaysomlamTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2018, 13:40:04 PM »
Thanks for the tip.  The "Develop" button works.  Now I can see the holes for the tie rods, and I can determine if the tie rod settings are correct or not.

Jaysom