Author Topic: Incompatible connectors  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Jpez324Topic starter

Incompatible connectors
« on: Sep 27, 2018, 11:09:27 AM »
I keep getting " You are attempting to connect incompatible connectors. No couplings can be added automatically. To continue, change connector(s) or add couplings." warning. I click the pipe /show service/ select fitting/ insert part. This even happens if i attach to the end of a pipe. or if i draw a completely different pipe in that area, but it is only on a specific fabrication service. Any ideas on how i can correct this? Thanks in advance

Offline Steadtler

Re: Incompatible connectors
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2018, 16:43:51 PM »
Connectors utilize "Rules" based on types and sizes to determine if component end types are allowed to "connect".

1. A "Rule" may not exist making the connectors incompatible.
2. Components may have the correct connector type(s) but not in the correct size.
3. Components may have the correct connector size but not the correct type(s).
4. The database is corrupted.

So..... you need to check the database -

1. Does a "Rule" exist allowing for the end Types to connect?
2. Were the service components provided by AutoDesk or are they custom(ized)? If provided by AutoDesk - log it, If customized - check with originator or verify the component was created correctly (ITM etc...)
3. Is the size available (appears to be so as you mentioned not being able to connect manually which means the size at least was available - selectable....)

Because this issue is "...only on a specific fabrication service.", it doesn't appear to be a corrupted database and it shouldn't be too difficult to find the problem and resolve.