Author Topic: Purge Orphaned Nodes  (Read 1343 times)

Offline ZTR88Topic starter

Purge Orphaned Nodes
« on: Aug 02, 2019, 13:17:57 PM »
When I "Break" a design line, any nodes that have been placed on that design line are duplicated in both halves of the broken design line. With that said some nodes float out in space with no design line and the node itself turns red. When Fill In 3D is executed a fitting will appear at the orphaned node floating attached to nothing.

Is there a command that will purge all of these red orphaned nodes from the drawing? Deleting them and figuring out which design line they belong to can be a problematic and time consuming process.
Zachary Reese
Virtual Design Coordinator / Database Manager
Douglas Orr Plumbing Inc.

Offline cnash

• Premier Member
    • William R. Nash Companies
Re: Purge Orphaned Nodes
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2019, 13:52:03 PM »
I have not found a way to do this.
We don't typically "break" designlines because it causes multiple issues for us. If we need to separate a designline for whatever reason we will typically copy it and then just delete the nodes and lines as needed.
Christopher Nash
Operations Software & Process Manager
William R. Nash, LLC.

Offline Steadtler

Re: Purge Orphaned Nodes
« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2019, 15:41:13 PM »
Breaking a Design Line which doesn't have placed node components does not result in these "extra" nodes. It is only when a placed node component is added that the problems begin.

My procedure is to select the Design Line with the placed node components to break, Fill in 3D and then delete the design line. Next, use the Revdesign command to rebuild the Design Line and erase 3D items leaving the "new" Design Line.  Now when you break the design line, the original placed nodes will be highlighted but will not populate. Those nodes can be eliminated by using the revdesign command on each of the new design lines created.