Author Topic: Spooling Item Numbers in Linear Nesting Reports  (Read 263 times)

Offline Eharris76Topic starter

Spooling Item Numbers in Linear Nesting Reports
« on: Oct 08, 2018, 02:15:14 PM »
In the 3D model, we Define & Create the spools first. Then we Batch Create the spools as a new DWG file (we do not want to use layout tabs for spool drawings due the large number of spools). The new spool drawing has the new item numbers in the BOM and showing as Item Text. All good to this point. The pipe shop has requested a Linear Nest Report from the 3D model. The issue is that the item numbers assigned, in the Batch Create to the spool drawing, are not updating in the 3D model.

This is giving me different item numbers between the spool drawing and the Linear Nest Report.

Offline kenneths

Re: Spooling Item Numbers in Linear Nesting Reports
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2018, 06:00:51 PM »
We spool each as a drawing like you. What we do (and there is probably an easier way) is xref all the spools into a blank drawing, bind them , and explode them. Then run the linear nest report. The pipe spool pieces have the item number and spool dwg number.
Windows 7x64, AutoCad 2018
Autodesk Fabrication Cadmep 2018
I7, 32gb ram,  gtx1070

Online davidratx

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2018, 07:20:22 PM »
This is an option in the Spool.ini file. "RenumberMaster" Set it to 1, this will number the parts in the originating file the same as the spool while the spool is being processed. Obviously this is in retrospect to the problem you are having. Really the only way to work this backwards would be to create a new project file consisting of each individual spool.
David Ronson
Applied Software Technical Advisor
Windows 10 - Revit - AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct

Offline dopefish

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2018, 05:43:30 PM »
Would unchecking the renumber items be an option? So the spool retains its original item number? I tend to want everything to have its own item number in my master drawing. Would this create a problem I am not thinking of?
"And the wood header is still 4  3/4" on top of the top of the double top plate." . . . Random VDC Coodinator

I love coordination