Author Topic: Can I Run Two Instances of CAMduct in the Same Computer Using One License?  (Read 999 times)

Offline jaysomlamTopic starter

I would like to know if this is possible to run two instances of CAMduct in the same computer using one license.  I am thinking of having the shop user to run one instance of CAMduct, and then having a background task to run a second instance of CAMduct.  Both instances will be run under the same user account.  Can I do this?  If this can be done, this should help me to automate the process of running jobs through CAMduct.

My CAMduct free trial has expired.  Therefore, I cannot test this in my computer.  I am hoping that someone can do a quick test to prove/disprove this.  Thanks.

Jaysom

Offline Bonedigger

• Premier Member
    • Hercules Industries
Yes. I do that all the time with both CAMduct using a standalone perpetual license, and with ESTmep using a shared network license. As long as both copies of the software are running on the same computer, they only use the one license. With a network license, however, the username you are logging in with must be configured to allow multiple logins to run multiple copies.
Chris
Autodesk Fabrication CAMduct 2019 v3.07.545 (2019.1.0), Autodesk Fabrication ESTmep 2022 v22.0.110.2 (2022.0.0.F) Windows 10, 64-Bit

Offline jaysomlamTopic starter

Thanks for your confirmation.  This is great to know this.

Jaysom