Author Topic: Create an AutoCAD Plugin Bundle  (Read 818 times)

Offline jaysomlamTopic starter

Re: Create an AutoCAD Plugin Bundle
« Reply #15 on: Dec 03, 2019, 08:36:38 PM »
This problem has been fixed

Somehow the PackageContents.xml file had a binary character in the first line.  It looked like something Visual Studio automatically adds to a source code file.  Autoloader didn't like it and rejected the PackageContents.xml file.  After I have removed that binary character, I have no problem autoloading the plugin.

That binary character didn't show up in NotePad.  This was probably the reason why I didn't notice it.

Yes, this have been almost one year since I posted the original message.  I could not figure this out and put this aside.  Now I take a fresh look and quickly discover where the problem is.  The lesson learnt is:  If someone gets stuck with a problem, he may want to take a long break; when he comes back to take a fresh look, he may find the solution in front of him.

Jaysom

Offline cadbob

• Premier Member
    • Cannistraro
« Reply #16 on: Dec 04, 2019, 10:45:14 AM »
I've heard and seen Notepad having similar issues with non CAD Scripts and lisp's as when I'm using certificate's for VPN. Not sure what's up with Notepad as it was always the go too.

The suggestion from the more knowledgeable,relayed to me, was to use Notepad++
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2019, 11:15:02 AM by cadbob »
When someone asks where you see yourself in 5 years... Buddy, I'm just trying to make it to Friday. :)

Offline jaysomlamTopic starter

« Reply #17 on: Dec 04, 2019, 02:41:46 PM »
You are right to support to use a more powerful editor than NotePad.

Funny thing is that I have been using a very good programming-editor (CodeWright - a clone of the "Brief" programming editor), and I can see the hidden non-text character in the first line of the PackageContents.xml file when I use the programming-editor.  But my eyes got so used to see that non-text character in program source code files created by Visual Studio.  Seem like my eyes had filtered it out, and I didn't notice it at all.

Jaysom