Author Topic: Slow down on corners  (Read 1849 times)

Offline mstrangerTopic starter

Slow down on corners
« on: Nov 02, 2018, 09:15:19 AM »
Good morning all . Maybe someone can tell me how slow down on corners? I use mach3 post and tool global settings is as picture i atach.

Offline Darren Young

• Premier Member
    • BIM There Done That.
Re: Slow down on corners
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2018, 12:56:12 PM »
I'm not sure what Edge Approach does but seems like it might.

Otherwise you could create a custom post and have it add an exact stop code/mode where there's a corner. (G61/G64)

« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2018, 16:47:08 PM »
I'm not sure what Edge Approach does but seems like it might.

Otherwise you could create a custom post and have it add an exact stop code/mode where there's a corner. (G61/G64)

Hi Darren. Thanx for your answer. For the moment i use other cam software to generate my g codes (sheetcam) and in there i can add rules to slow down on angles. You think is possible via custom NC add rules like that?
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2018, 16:52:44 PM by mstranger »

Offline Sirius

« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2018, 11:21:15 AM »
Yes, this is possible but it does need the post processor to support it.
From a quick test it looks like the Mach3 post does not currently support this function, but it can probably be modified or a new post created that does what you want.
In the attached sample the post I used appears to only support slowing down on arcs (M02/M03) but at least it shows the functionality is there. There may be another setting I have missed which will make it slow down on angles also.
The shape as shown is a rectangle with 3 holes, 2 radius corners, 1 chamfered corner & 1 square corner.
The NC code attached shows slowing down on the holes and radius corners but full speed on straights, chamfer & square corner.
The Parameters used are "Arc Slow Radius", "Arc Slow Factor" & "Arc Slow Minimum %"

« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2018, 16:19:38 PM »
Hi Sirius. The way that sheetcam do those slow downs is by change feedrate while cutting.Check code sample i attach. Well i dont think is possible to do it this way in CAMduct. by the way iwant slow downs on corners not arcs. What post processor you use for those tests?

Offline Sirius

« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2018, 13:34:40 PM »
I used the artgen64.vpl,
I think having the Feed rate command on a separate line prior to a cut command or at the end of the cut command line has the same function.

« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2018, 14:56:27 PM »
One thing i really cant understand. When i edit a custom nc , how i define the order of g code commands? Is the same order as on the left window? and if is that why not all commands of left window not import to code?

« Reply #7 on: Nov 10, 2018, 06:48:14 AM »
Finally i manage to edit custom nc to my needs , My problem is that whatever values i bring on slow arcs settings in toolls , cant bring slow downs in code. When i use ART processor as Sirius sed slowdowns is ok , but there is wrong codes for tool on/off . Strange is that the custom nc is copy of ART processor , but it dont import slowdowns..
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2018, 09:38:53 AM by mstranger »