Author Topic: Square to round fittings collar too tight  (Read 1017 times)

Offline david dTopic starter

Square to round fittings collar too tight
« on: Dec 13, 2018, 15:00:11 PM »
Hello,
Im really hoping that someone on this site can help me out with this issue. Not only does the problem occur with square to rounds but with Pipe reducers as well.
In my shop we turn a 3/8" lap on the collar to fit a body. The problem is that the fit is way to tight. We have to "cheat" the body lap by a 1/2" most times to fit the collar on.
I have played with the ITM'S options Diameter type and there is no change in the body's circumference.
This has been an issue for 4 years and I haven't got an answer from utodesk that will help. I leave it up to you guys.
Regards

Offline aloisiarai

Re: Square to round fittings collar too tight
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2018, 15:11:42 PM »
Have you tried playing around with this setting?

Offline david dTopic starter

Re: Square to round fittings collar too tight
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2018, 21:18:25 PM »
Hi
great to hear from you. Yes i have the collar of the fitting either adjusted smaller or bigger depending on the connector varying from an 1/8" or 1/16" . it would be easy to change the size of the collar to fit the body but those are hard numbers that cant be tampered with in order to connect to the next fitting or pipe.
its the body of the fitting i need to deal with. the fittings development circumference needs to be smaller.
thank you again for your input. i like the classical 6 string pic. got a Yamaha of my own with Japanese wood made  in the 80's from my ma