Author Topic: Connector Matching in Revit 2019.2  (Read 434 times)

Offline davidratxTopic starter

• Premier Member
Connector Matching in Revit 2019.2
« on: Feb 12, 2019, 02:10:06 PM »
Revit 2019.2 includes a feature that requires an update to your Fabrication Connectors. I made this blog to help clarify. https://www.asti.com/connector-matching-in-revit-2019-2/
David Ronson
eVolve Mechanical Product Manager
Windows 10 - Revit - AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct

Offline cadbob

• Premier Member
    • Cannistraro
Re: Connector Matching in Revit 2019.2
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2019, 12:19:15 AM »
Nice Tip Dave! TY
Live like you golf. Don't forget to follow through

Offline steam_fitter

« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2019, 03:30:26 PM »
I am having a problem unlocking the pipe connectors, and keeping them set to bevel.

After I unlock the pipe connectors they change to none, and when I change them back to Bevel they relock.

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Thanks

Offline bobcat09

« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2019, 06:51:59 PM »
Do you have specification set to the pipe with size entries? If the size is set to 0, I'm not seeing the connector change.
Lyle Janda
TDIndustries
Windows 10- AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct - Revit - Navisworks

Offline steam_fitter

« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2019, 07:05:21 PM »
That was it, thanks!

Offline madcad

« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2019, 03:47:33 PM »
When I look at Autodesk content coupling connector I am able to drop down the "Matching connect" and see a filtered list. When I look at my coupling the list only has one entry "Same". I have checked and all parameters are the same with the exception of dimensions.
Any body else seeing this?
Some of my other Victaulic fitting Reducer for instance do show a filtered list as I would expect but none of my couplings.
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2019, 04:21:00 PM by madcad »

Offline davidratxTopic starter

• Premier Member
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2019, 04:35:25 PM »
When I look at Autodesk content coupling connector I am able to drop down the "Matching connect" and see a filtered list. When I look at my coupling the list only has one entry "Same". I have checked and all parameters are the same with the exception of dimensions.
Any body else seeing this?
Some of my other Victaulic fitting Reducer for instance do show a filtered list as I would expect but none of my couplings.
I think it is looking at matching Connectivity Groups and qualifying Male/Female. Havent really dug much into what all is being looked at to create the list.
David Ronson
eVolve Mechanical Product Manager
Windows 10 - Revit - AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct

Offline madcad

« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2019, 06:41:41 PM »
My Victaulic Male and Female are in the same Group. Regardless the Autodesk content shows compatible connectors in different groups.
If it matters this was a 2017 database. However I expect that opening the ITM would upgrade it anyway and it is showing the "Matching connector" option.
Stumped.

Offline TFuller

• Premier Member
« Reply #8 on: Apr 04, 2019, 01:47:01 PM »
I'm using a joint based connector setup - meaning between a male pipe thread and a female pipe thread, there is a joint item with all the connectivity group challenges.

This new feature would appear to change the pipe end to the male portion of the joint, not the actual male pipe thread connector. This makes sense due to matching the qualified male/female within the connectivity groups as Dave mentions.

For connections not using a joint based logic setup, this seems to work fine. Joint-based logic seems to work maybe not as intended.

Interestingly, between the the Revit OOTB database and the CADmep OOTB database, you can see that they operate under different connector theory setups. Almost as if different teams set up each database.

Anyone else running into this challenge?
Thomas N Fuller II