Author Topic: CID#1175 in revit created in older versions  (Read 1860 times)

Offline jryckmanTopic starter

CID#1175 in revit created in older versions
« on: Aug 25, 2020, 21:24:19 PM »
I have created a ton of parts over the years and they are CID#1175.  Only a small portion shows up in revit.  Is this based on the version that I created the parts with?  When I recreate the parts they show up in in revit.

Is there a way to update the parts without having to redo the model list?
Jason Ryckman
Peterson Mechanical
Sheet metal Detailer/BIM Manager
BDSU 2023
Fabrication CADmep 2023

Offline cadbyken

• Premier Member
Re: CID#1175 in revit created in older versions
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2020, 15:12:02 PM »
1175 doesn't show up in this list http://www.xtracad.com/forum/index.php/page,CIDs1.html
Is this a custom CID?
Ken Taylor - Atlantic Constructors, Inc
BIM Technology & Database Manager
Revit - not ready for Primetime given all of the add-ons, work arounds, and general issues with Fabrication in Revit.  Tired of them taking our money for little results.

Offline madcad

« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2020, 16:07:49 PM »
It is there you need to go to the bottom of the page for the higher CID numbers.
It says it is supported in Revit.
I have come across this problem before and gave up. Even creating them again did not work.
Now if I come across a component that I cannot create as regular ITMs I create a Family instead.

Offline Darren Young

• Premier Member
    • BIM There Done That.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2020, 18:40:40 PM »
1175 doesn't show up in this list http://www.xtracad.com/forum/index.php/page,CIDs1.html
Is this a custom CID?

It's in the list....gotta go to page 2.

Offline Darren Young

• Premier Member
    • BIM There Done That.
« Reply #4 on: Aug 28, 2020, 18:47:51 PM »
I have created a ton of parts over the years and they are CID#1175.  Only a small portion shows up in revit.  Is this based on the version that I created the parts with?  When I recreate the parts they show up in in revit.

Is there a way to update the parts without having to redo the model list?

Not sure. Had someone call me earlier this week about 1175. A single model 1175 worked but a model list didn't work with connectivity.

3d Models Convert3d (928) / Wrapit (902) were never intended to work in Revit. 1175 kind of just was forgotten about and slipped in by mistake otherwise they'd have not supported it either.  Stands to reason that it's a bit buggy.

« Reply #5 on: Aug 28, 2020, 18:49:13 PM »
I figured out what was going on.  All the parts work as CID#1175 but I had a trimble point applied to the button properties that is not supported in Revit so the whole part was not supported in Revit.
Jason Ryckman
Peterson Mechanical
BDSU 2023
Fabrication CADmep 2023

« Reply #6 on: Aug 28, 2020, 18:51:18 PM »
Darren,
I figured that out too.  Product lists are not supported with CID#1175.  In order to make the connectivity work you need to create the parts with Model Item and then stack them on a button.
Jason Ryckman
Peterson Mechanical
BDSU 2023
Fabrication CADmep 2023

Offline WilliamNY

« Reply #7 on: Aug 28, 2020, 20:37:51 PM »
In general, 1175 will work perfectly with the Revit environment, no matter what year of Fabrication it was created in, as long as there is no Product List. (Or, if there is an empty PL.)

If there's a PL, all sizes/diameters embedded in the model are read by Revit as 0. But as soon as you empty out that PL, all the sizes come back and it connects just fine.

Also, flat connectors (weld, flange) work fine too, but penetrating connectors (socket, compression) wind up being 2X deep, so you have to create a connector specifically for Revit that adjusts for that.

EDIT: I misread the post above, so this post is essentially redundant. I'll leave it anyway.
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2020, 20:39:59 PM by WilliamNY »

Offline madcad

« Reply #8 on: Aug 28, 2020, 21:33:00 PM »
I am staying away from Wrapping. More trouble than it is worth.
What's the point. If its too complicated for the ITM patterns just create a Family.
BTW there is not much cant be done with ITMs as they stand.
I just wish they would create a new CID like CID#1110 but with an angle parameter.
If anyone from Autodesk is listening do not break CID#1110 any further. Create a new CID......

Offline edvan

« Reply #9 on: Jun 16, 2023, 18:42:54 PM »
In general, 1175 will work perfectly with the Revit environment, no matter what year of Fabrication it was created in, as long as there is no Product List. (Or, if there is an empty PL.)

If there's a PL, all sizes/diameters embedded in the model are read by Revit as 0. But as soon as you empty out that PL, all the sizes come back and it connects just fine.

Also, flat connectors (weld, flange) work fine too, but penetrating connectors (socket, compression) wind up being 2X deep, so you have to create a connector specifically for Revit that adjusts for that.

EDIT: I misread the post above, so this post is essentially redundant. I'll leave it anyway.

Older post, but I wanted to comment on this as Autodesk decided to fix this connector setback doubling issue in CADmep 2023, but of course did not propagate the fix to earlier releases. This means that the same 1175 ITM will have different physical connector coordinates depending on the version it is being utilized in. Also meaning that any setback connectors you made at half value to alleviate this this doubling pre-2023 will suddenly become literal half setbacks post-2023.

So, my remedy to this problem has been to make zero length connectors that meet connectivity requirements, and manually set the CONDEF block back to where it should be when converting geometry into initial 928s. This way no matter what version the ITM is being utilized in, the darn connector will be in the same spot, what a concept.

Thanks Autodesk...

Offline WilliamNY

« Reply #10 on: Jun 16, 2023, 20:39:34 PM »
Older post, but I wanted to comment on this as Autodesk decided to fix this connector setback doubling issue in CADmep 2023, but of course did not propagate the fix to earlier releases. This means that the same 1175 ITM will have different physical connector coordinates depending on the version it is being utilized in. Also meaning that any setback connectors you made at half value to alleviate this this doubling pre-2023 will suddenly become literal half setbacks post-2023.

So, my remedy to this problem has been to make zero length connectors that meet connectivity requirements, and manually set the CONDEF block back to where it should be when converting geometry into initial 928s. This way no matter what version the ITM is being utilized in, the darn connector will be in the same spot, what a concept.

Thanks Autodesk...

This is the beginning of a philosophical debate about which is better for converted/wrapped 3D geometry - setting the condef at the face and readjusting the connector depth for wrapped itms, or setting the condef at the bottom of socket and setting all depth to 0.  ;D