Fabrication in Revit® > Dynamo for Autodesk┬« Revit

Adding Family to Rod End Location

(1/2) > >>

matj411:
I'm trying to add a family instance to all the xyz coordinates of the Rod End Location of MEP fabrication Hangers. Anyone?

Jburkett:
Have you tried using the export .csv node and kick out the points that way? A little less content to add to your Revit project by doing it.

brady0542:
It looks like you have access to Point layout. It will do this automatically.

Another thing you can do is just find the location of the hanger and then update the Z point to the level elevation that you want.

Axl:
With a little python you can use

n = 1 if it is a clevis
n = 1 and 2 for two rod's hangers

x = ElementHere.GetRodInfo() << This will substract all the Rod related information
x.GetRodEndPosition(n)" that will give you the points you need

I hope this makes sense, I use this to run trimble check scripts that will report if a hanger has been moved since the last update, but I think is what you looking for.

bitterfitter:

--- Quote from: matj411 on May 28, 2019, 16:41:35 PM ---I'm trying to add a family instance to all the xyz coordinates of the Rod End Location of MEP fabrication Hangers. Anyone?

--- End quote ---

Not sure if you ever found the script you were looking for above?  if you still need help let me know.  I have a script that I use to place families on the top of Fabrication hangers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version