Author Topic: Adding Family to Rod End Location  (Read 6063 times)

Offline matj411Topic starter

Adding Family to Rod End Location
« on: May 28, 2019, 16:41:35 PM »
I'm trying to add a family instance to all the xyz coordinates of the Rod End Location of MEP fabrication Hangers. Anyone?

Offline Jburkett

Re: Adding Family to Rod End Location
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2019, 18:04:55 PM »
Have you tried using the export .csv node and kick out the points that way? A little less content to add to your Revit project by doing it.

Offline brady0542

• BIMpliciti
« Reply #2 on: Aug 27, 2019, 01:33:41 AM »
It looks like you have access to Point layout. It will do this automatically.

Another thing you can do is just find the location of the hanger and then update the Z point to the level elevation that you want.
Brady Shmady

Offline Axl

« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2021, 22:28:29 PM »
With a little python you can use

n = 1 if it is a clevis
n = 1 and 2 for two rod's hangers

x = ElementHere.GetRodInfo() << This will substract all the Rod related information
x.GetRodEndPosition(n)" that will give you the points you need

I hope this makes sense, I use this to run trimble check scripts that will report if a hanger has been moved since the last update, but I think is what you looking for.
CADmep DB Manager
Content Manager
Scripting

Offline bitterfitter

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2022, 15:42:07 PM »
I'm trying to add a family instance to all the xyz coordinates of the Rod End Location of MEP fabrication Hangers. Anyone?

Not sure if you ever found the script you were looking for above?  if you still need help let me know.  I have a script that I use to place families on the top of Fabrication hangers.
"If you think education is expensive, you should see what ignorance costs you"

Offline chris4455

« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2022, 01:39:29 AM »

Not sure if you ever found the script you were looking for above?  if you still need help let me know.  I have a script that I use to place families on the top of Fabrication hangers.

Would you mind sharing?
MEP 2010 2.40.036/052 /64 bit/ Vista

Offline bitterfitter

« Reply #6 on: Jun 28, 2022, 14:49:31 PM »
Chris4455 - PM sent
"If you think education is expensive, you should see what ignorance costs you"

Offline Nicholas-N

« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2023, 19:29:33 PM »
Good afternoon,

Is the family what you use in lieu of using the Area Of Influence parameter in each hanger ITM?

I am having the issue right now of showing all Area Of Influence circles as part of the ITM for coordination, but need to get rid of them for my shop drawings. I was hoping there is someone else with the same issue that has looked into a dynamo script that just sets the Area Of Influence to 0 or something like that.

Offline cadbyken

• Premier Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2023, 13:22:25 PM »
Good afternoon,

Is the family what you use in lieu of using the Area Of Influence parameter in each hanger ITM?

I am having the issue right now of showing all Area Of Influence circles as part of the ITM for coordination, but need to get rid of them for my shop drawings. I was hoping there is someone else with the same issue that has looked into a dynamo script that just sets the Area Of Influence to 0 or something like that.
if the area of influence is into the slab, can you pull the Top View Range down to the bottom of the slab to get the to disappear?  That may hose sleeves but we don't show them on our final drawings, just slab opening drawings.
Ken Taylor - Atlantic Constructors, Inc
BIM Technology & Database Manager
Revit - not ready for Primetime given all of the add-ons, work arounds, and general issues with Fabrication in Revit.  Tired of them taking our money for little results.

Offline Octane2009

« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2024, 11:16:07 AM »

Would you still be willing to share the script for attaching??

Offline mhaney

« Reply #10 on: Feb 29, 2024, 15:18:01 PM »
I am also interested. Looking to get different upper attachment types placed on top of the rods. If you are still willing, thank you so much.