Author Topic: Revit Designline vs Duct Length  (Read 1209 times)

Offline ayoung8901Topic starter

Revit Designline vs Duct Length
« on: Apr 15, 2019, 15:40:34 PM »
All,

I have a odd issue happening when i am using Fabrication in Revit 2019. When using the design line or even the optimize length option the straight ducts do not match piece to piece. The items are the exact same length in the options, but the Length Option changes from 'Auto' to 'Value' on some fittings. This has become an issue when numbering these fittings. These items are intended for the Decoiler and i would hate for an issue to come about when going to CAMduct. I have checked my button mapping and it seems correct. Does anyone else have this issue? Thanks

Offline DotNet

• MICLOGIC
Re: Revit Designline vs Duct Length
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2019, 15:50:16 PM »
It's an issue with the built in "Optimize Length" tool. It will cause two straights that are otherwise exactly the same to get different part numbers, among other things. I've rewritten this tool to work in real time without the bugs but unfortunately the rest of the addin isn't ready yet. I am unaware of any other way to fix this issue without Autodesk getting involved. I would encourage everyone to spam them with bug reports for stuff like this.

« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2019, 13:43:42 PM »
Thank you. This is frustrating, but i guess that is what we get for now until it is improved upon or something else comes along.

Offline chris4455

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 06:15:50 AM »
If found a strange workaround.  Use the optimize duct length command then you will end up with value on many of the pieces which should be auto.  Then select a piece of straight that says value instead of auto and select the edit part command from the ribbon and hit ok then select a piece that was set to value and it should be changed to auto.  Double clicking on a piece did not seem to work.  This method seemed to correct all the value pieces to auto.
MEP 2010 2.40.036/052 /64 bit/ Vista

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2019, 16:44:22 PM »
Hmmm, i unfortunately am not having luck with this work around. Glad it is working on your end though!