Author Topic: Customizing a report to call out orientation of equip  (Read 1586 times)

Offline adams12188Topic starter

Customizing a report to call out orientation of equip
« on: Jun 13, 2019, 16:18:12 PM »
I am trying to figure out how to customize a report that will tell me if a piece of equipment (for this case in particular a FSD/FD/SD) is in the horizontal or vertical orientation. I have no idea if this is plausible or not but since you should be using the attacher arrow correctly when placing a piece it should be able to recognize the direction........Maybe......????

Hopeful End Result: To be able to swipe a drawing and be able to print a report that gives all the information needed for a vendor for various purchased equipment. (FSD,FD,SD, VAV Handing, Coil Connection, etc...) (Tag, Service, Size, Qty, Horizontal/Vertical, Left or Right Handed, ETC...)

Offline DotNet

• MICLOGIC
Re: Customizing a report to call out orientation of equip
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2019, 17:50:25 PM »
I'm not the greatest at CADmep reports but two print objects I see that could work are "Item Connector Location Z Postition Top" and "Item Connector Location Z Position Bottom". Given this we can theoretically set a report filter:

If Z Position Bottom = Z Position Top, the blade closes horizontally...
If Z Position Bottom is NOT = Z Position Top, the blade closes vertically...

EDIT:
It may be better to create right/left horizontal/vertical content, or at least custom data for these values.
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2019, 18:23:13 PM by DotNet »

Offline dopefish

« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2019, 21:43:59 PM »
Another option that comes to mind is to add a custom data field to the .ITM With either VERT or HOR filled in and add that to the report. THen you can put all you type in their own table.
"And the wood header is still 4  3/4" on top of the top of the double top plate." . . . Random VDC Coodinator

I love coordination

Offline DotNet

• MICLOGIC
« Reply #3 on: Jun 13, 2019, 22:45:37 PM »
That's what I said. I like the way you think. ;)

« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2019, 22:49:27 PM by DotNet »

Offline adams12188Topic starter

« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 2019, 16:36:54 PM »
Question though...... Would that populate automatically depending on the location of the attacher or would that be something that the draftsmen would have to manually input in as they are drawing? if you think about it the program already knows which direction is which based off of the UCS and WCS and the view the user is in currently... so why wouldn't you be able to tell the program to automatically populate the orientation of the piece of equipment based off the parameters it already knows.

Offline DotNet

• MICLOGIC
« Reply #5 on: Jun 20, 2019, 17:08:08 PM »
Z Positions are automatically generated based on the location\size of the item.