Author Topic: Shoe Tap with Hole Adjust Option  (Read 901 times)

Offline nbuchTopic starter

Shoe Tap with Hole Adjust Option
« on: Jun 28, 2019, 19:10:56 PM »
Looking for a shoe tap CID pattern that gives you a hole adjust option BUT does not come with or show the pipe parts. We currently use CID#871 for a weld on tap, works great. But when a saddle is needed, there are extra steps for the input guy. He suggested using #66 but this pattern does not allow you to turn the pipe parts off. Just spent sometime searching the forum and looking through the 346 pages of patterns. It seems any pattern that may work, only gives you half of all the needed options.....

Any ideas? Thanks all.

Offline Rick Hillson

Re: Shoe Tap with Hole Adjust Option
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2019, 10:15:30 AM »
try CID#818

« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2019, 13:26:33 PM »
try  cid 818

Thanks for the suggestion Rick! Unfortunately, this isn't exactly what i'm looking for. Below is what i'm looking for, but I need to be able to turn the "Pipe Parts" off.

Offline VW 8033

« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2019, 14:02:02 PM »
CID#871 has "plate border" that can be used as a saddle with "branch allowance to pipe" used to connect tap to pipe or saddle. This is not drawing pipe when I use it. We never use the saddle but instead opt to swedge out 5/8" to allow it to be screwed to pipe.

Offline VirtualPilot

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2019, 19:56:11 PM »
Try CID#118
Santos Cedeno
Pre-Production Mgr - DIXIE Metal Products

« Reply #5 on: Jul 03, 2019, 15:06:29 PM »
CID#871 has "plate border" that can be used as a saddle with "branch allowance to pipe" used to connect tap to pipe or saddle. This is not drawing pipe when I use it. We never use the saddle but instead opt to swedge out 5/8" to allow it to be screwed to pipe.

I should've been more detailed in explaining this. We have used the plate border as an option to create the saddle. The problem is when attaching the saddle to the tap, things don't line up as they should for a "best fit" scenario. This is where the "hole adjust" option would be ideal. Having a  -.0125 hole adjust would make things fit perfect and would be easier for our input guy as well - less clicking and chicken pecking on the keyboard for him. I do recall the swedge option now that you mention it.....