Fabrication ESTmep™ > ESTmep™ Users

Duct Costs

<< < (3/3)

cnash:

--- Quote from: Darren Young on Mar 29, 2021, 20:35:55 PM ---
Why not?

--- End quote ---

Depending on how you are getting pricing you can only have one dimension and one gauge which limits you on certain fittings.
I'm digging a little deeper now as well and figuring out specific ancillary costs and other stuff that's going to start giving me more of a headache haha.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a duct guy. I've learned a hell of a lot over the last 10+ years having to deal with it but I much rather deal with piping. So, I'm just going to continue to tinker and learn and figure this stuff out.

bobcat09:
If you looking for material cost, product listed items can be pointed to a price list similar to pipe items. Create unique codes for each size. If your fabricating and I'm assuming your using a specification to drive material and gauge, material cost will pull from the value set at the material (cost $/lb) field. Ancillaries can be assigned to connectors, which will be assigned to the spec. Make sure you have a cost set to each ancillary to see it in the cost breakdown. If it's not in the cost breakdown, it will not report out.

For your F-Times and E-Times, you can use filters and value sets assuming your using a breakpoint table

cnash:

--- Quote from: bobcat09 on Mar 29, 2021, 22:40:13 PM ---If you looking for material cost, product listed items can be pointed to a price list similar to pipe items. Create unique codes for each size. If your fabricating and I'm assuming your using a specification to drive material and gauge, material cost will pull from the value set at the material (cost $/lb) field. Ancillaries can be assigned to connectors, which will be assigned to the spec. Make sure you have a cost set to each ancillary to see it in the cost breakdown. If it's not in the cost breakdown, it will not report out.

For your F-Times and E-Times, you can use filters and value sets assuming your using a breakpoint table

--- End quote ---

This is pretty much what I am realizing is going to be the best way. Product List with Unique Id codes for all purchased items and then everything else just straight spec driven. Going to be doing some more cleanup and rebuilding of some stuff to get there, but I think I have a plan. If a product list could be a breakpoint that would be awesome. Unique Id on one side and gauge on the other, but that sadly doesn't work.

cnash:
Coming back around to this as I had to change how I was doing everything.
Utilizing unique product Ids would have worked if it wasn't for Revit.
Previously I was building it so there would be multiple different items (ex: Spiral Pipe 26 Gauge; Spiral Pipe 24 Gauge; Spiral Pipe 22 Gauge, etc.) and using constraints to maintain correct sizing based on specs. But Revit doesn't care about button constraints. So I have gone back to the drawing board and can make breakpoint tables work for the majority of the items.

I plan to use "Duct-End 1 Width/Diameter" for Round Pipe/Fittings and "Full Periphery" for Oval Pipe/Fittings.
That still doesn't solve my issues with fittings with multiple dimensions (ex. Reducers/Reducing Tees). Have not figured out how to work these up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version