Author Topic: Pipework thickness suddenly changed to zero, can't fix  (Read 97 times)

Offline GaryCTopic starter

Pipework thickness suddenly changed to zero, can't fix
« on: Jul 11, 2019, 03:14:41 PM »
somehow in our largest project, all of our modelled steel pipework suddenly changed from having correct part thickness and OD to the ID and OD being the same, and all the flanges and tees don't line up with the incorrectly modelled pipe sections, obvious gaps showing everywhere a pipe joints to a fitting.

i have traced it back to someone loading a new ITM into the config file and overwriting the carbon steel material settings possibly removing all metric settings and forcing an imperial one in its place.

i have reverted the carbon steel material back to previous verison which shows up correct settings in the config file, but when i reload the config in revit, nothing changes and i get an error sayign the config file needs verified.

it would take days to remodel all of the pipework etc surely there's an easier fix?

Offline craigjonnson

Re: Pipework thickness suddenly changed to zero, can't fix
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2019, 07:28:44 AM »
Can you restore a back-up through Revit prior to when this was done?

Offline madcad

« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2019, 01:20:41 PM »
Once you have fixed the material go to Owner Information and increase the version number.
Reload database.
I have not tried this but it works with a change to an ITM.
The new version number will need to be higher than the version number of the previous imposter.

Offline GaryCTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:12:10 AM »
we have made the silly mistake of basing our config file on the out of the box metric one, so it is fully locked and cant be changed in that respect.

I rolled the config back to a working one, and when i create a new project and insert pipes they are reporting correct OD, but when i reload the config, it breaks the model changing many sysems to different ones, and does not correct the pipe OD issue.

looks like i will either have to live with it, or take 2 days to redraw it entirely.

Offline madcad

« Reply #4 on: Today at 09:25:00 PM »
Are you saying your carbon steel material is Autodesk owned and not a user owned copy?
Why dont you put a support case into AutoDesk? They have been pretty good with me in the past. However I have only ever reported bugs, not asked for help.