Author Topic: Add Parts from one configuration to another?  (Read 825 times)

Offline tzframptonTopic starter

Add Parts from one configuration to another?
« on: Jul 23, 2019, 15:22:09 PM »
Question... Can I easily and seamlessly add some parts from one configuration (or, database?) to another? Here's my dilemma:

I set up our original Configuration back in 2018.2 by duplicating the default Revit MEP Imperial Content database and renaming it to our company name. We've since built this up with many great things and it works well for us. I noticed we didn't have a Triple Duty Valve in this database (that I could find) but I opened up the Imperial Content V3.06 in Fabrication 2020 and there is one in this Configuration. I'd like to properly add it to our Configuration. Is there a link or some other reading material that can walk me through the steps in doing this? Thanks in advance.

-TZ

Offline cnash

• Premier Member
    • William R. Nash Companies
Re: Add Parts from one configuration to another?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2019, 16:33:26 PM »
For a single item I would just copy the .itm (and the .png if you want) into the current database.
Go in and edit it and change the materials and connectors to your current database's correct materials and connectors and then purge the database to get the stuff that was brought in with the item out.

If you are doing multiple items you can do it in other ways like creating an .iez file.
Christopher Nash
Operations Software & Process Manager
William R. Nash, LLC.

Offline tzframptonTopic starter

Re: Add Parts from one configuration to another?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2019, 15:49:44 PM »
Thanks. I copied the folders in Windows Explorer, then used the FOLDERS command to add the folder and all sub-directories and it worked like a charm. If I have any other issues I'll report back. So far so good.

-TZ