Author Topic: Error Writing/Closing File  (Read 105 times)

Offline TonyDTopic starter

Error Writing/Closing File
« on: Sep 10, 2019, 06:05:23 PM »
I am getting an error in CADmep 2020 running BSPOOL. This message appears with every spool and will not progress to the next section without confirming this message. It also will not rename the file to the identifying spool tag, remains Drawing ##.
Tony De Lara
Project Engineer
Omniduct

Offline sheetmetalman

Re: Error Writing/Closing File
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2019, 06:55:07 PM »
We had a similar issue a while back in 2018, I think it ended up being our spool template.

Try creating a simple template and try it again and see if you still get the same error.

Offline cadbob

• Premier Member
    • Cannistraro
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2019, 11:55:59 PM »
It happens in a regular ole drawing also, its some kind of Autocad Bug been a few versions now, I haven't seen it rear its ugly head on me lately, (Lucky I guess) when I open a dwg, I got into the habit of opening in recover and then purging and saving than start my work.

But I'm with Sheetmetalman on may be your template, try recovering and purging then saving, if you don't want to start fresh.

Also when that happens type in command line SAVE and it will save 99% of the time. Another way but scary if you have done a lot of work without a save, is just closing file and it will ask you to save.
Live like you golf. Don't forget to follow through

Offline TonyDTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2019, 04:57:18 PM »
Thanks guys. I have created a new spool template with no success, still getting the error message. It seems to be something wrong with my database information communicating from v.2016 to v.2019/v.2020 as I am able to run BSPOOL from local (new) & foreign DWG files without error.
Tony De Lara
Project Engineer
Omniduct