Author Topic: Some Fittings Don't Have Item Area  (Read 72 times)

Offline jaysomlamTopic starter

Some Fittings Don't Have Item Area
« on: Sep 12, 2019, 09:07:01 PM »
I find that some fittings don't have Item.Area (the square feet of the duct item) when I try to retrieve its square-feet using API.  I am not referring to straight duct (its Item.Area shows linear feet) or canvas (its Item.Area is always zero).  I am referring to something like "Transition" duct.  Somehow its Item.Area is zero when I get access its Item.Area using API.  The workaround is to manually open the CADmep Properties window of that duct item, switch to "Costing" tab.  Somehow this forces CADmep to calculate the square feet of the duct.  After I do this, its Item.Area has the correct square-feet.  But I don't really want to do this manually.  Is there a way to fix this problem?  If not, if there is a workaround (other than writing a program to calculate the square-feet)?

Please let me know.  Thanks.

Jaysom

Offline jaysomlamTopic starter

Re: Some Fittings Don't Have Item Area
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2019, 04:25:51 PM »
I have found a workaround to the problem.  All we need to do are the following steps:

1.  Select all the duct that may or may not have this problem.  Doesn't need to be selective.

2.  Click at the "Change Object Properties" button or use the right-click "CADmep Properties" menu option to show the properties of all the selected duct.  The Item.Area is not a part of the properties shown in the window.  This doesn't matter.

3.  Click "Cancel" button to close the CADmep Properties window because we don't want to mistakenly change other properties that we don't want to change.

That's all.  Somehow doing this forces CADmep to calculate the sq-ft of those fittings that were missing sq-ft.

Please note that canvas is still missing sq-ft.  Seem like this is by design.

Hope this helps someone.

Jaysom