Author Topic: How to Add an Item Report onto a CADmep Drawing?  (Read 1963 times)

Offline jaysomlamTopic starter

How to Add an Item Report onto a CADmep Drawing?
« on: Jan 15, 2020, 08:48:04 PM »
I am trying to create a report on round duct (that we purchase from outside vendors) and embed it onto a CADmep drawing as a table.   Seem like it should be done as a "Item Report".  I don't know how to do this in CADmep.  Therefore, I create it in CAMduct.  So far so good.  But how can I use this report in CADmep?  There is not a command call ITEMREPORT in CADmep.

I thought I may copy the Item Report from CAMduct (.IRP) to CADmep, and rename the file extension to .CSF.  But when I use the ADDREPORT command in CADmep, it doesn't show that report.  Seem like that is not the way to do this.

Seem like I am missing something very basic.  Please help by pointing me to the right direction.  Thanks.

Jaysom

Offline Jona

Re: How to Add an Item Report onto a CADmep Drawing?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2020, 11:48:45 PM »
I don't use these and have never built one, but I believe the path you want is to right click with nothing selected and then CADmep>Reports>Edit or Create Report.

Offline bobcat09

« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2020, 02:32:27 PM »
I am trying to create a report on round duct (that we purchase from outside vendors) and embed it onto a CADmep drawing as a table.   Seem like it should be done as a "Item Report".  I don't know how to do this in CADmep.  Therefore, I create it in CAMduct.  So far so good.  But how can I use this report in CADmep?  There is not a command call ITEMREPORT in CADmep.

I thought I may copy the Item Report from CAMduct (.IRP) to CADmep, and rename the file extension to .CSF.  But when I use the ADDREPORT command in CADmep, it doesn't show that report.  Seem like that is not the way to do this.

Seem like I am missing something very basic.  Please help by pointing me to the right direction.  Thanks.

Jaysom

ADDREPORT is the command you are looking for to build out a schedule/table type of report in the model. Add reports, Item Reports/Export, Worksheets, Ancillary Reports/Export all use a different report builder and use different print objects to build out the report. Yes, renaming the file extension will probably show you the report in the list but will unlikely work. You will need to rebuild the Item Report using ADDREPORT.

If you built a report using CAMduct or ESTmep, you can easily copy the report from the program report folder into the specific report folder. You will not find ADDREPORT in CAMduct. Type APPINFO to view folder paths, look for the Reports.
Lyle Janda
TDIndustries
Windows 10- AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct - Revit - Navisworks

« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2020, 02:33:18 PM »
Got it!  Actually the steps that you suggested is the same as running ADDREPORT command.  Having said this, the steps that you have suggested showing other options (such as the "Item Report") that I didn't see before through command line.  Thanks for showing me the steps.

Turned out my problem was that I didn't logon as "admin".  That's why some report options don't show up.  As soon as I logon as admin, everything becomes clear.

Jaysom

« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2020, 02:35:14 PM »
Thanks bobcat09 for letting me know that ADDREPORT is the command that I should use in order to embed the report onto a drawing.

Jaysom

Offline VirtualPilot

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2020, 02:02:15 PM »
You can also combine Addreport and AutoCAD tables!
Santos Cedeno
CAD/BIM Mgr - DIXIE Metal Products