Author Topic: Always Load setting not retained in CAMduct  (Read 1291 times)

Offline jaysomlamTopic starter

Always Load setting not retained in CAMduct
« on: Jan 21, 2020, 20:12:38 PM »
I have created an add-in for CAMduct.  Because I don't want to go through the trouble of "signing" the add-in, I always click at the "Always Load" option when CAMduct prompts me to confirm that I really want to run the add-in, and CAMduct won't prompt me any more until the next time when I update the add-in.  This works well until today.

Starting today, somehow CAMduct starts asking me to confirm that I want to run the add-in despite the fact that I haven't changed the add-in.  Moreover, after I have clicked at "Always Load", CAMduct still prompts me the next time when I launch CAMduct.  This is like CAMduct doesn't remember my choice of "Always Load".

One thing is that our network administrator has just assigned a new Autodesk-ID for CAMduct.  The Autodesk-ID is different from the network user name that we use to logon to the computer that we have CAMduct installed in it.  I thought that had to be the cause of this problem.  I logged on to the computer using the new network user name that is the same as the Autodesk-ID.  Unfortunately that didn't fix the problem -- CAMduct still kept prompting me for confirmation of using my add-in despite the fact that I had chosen "Always Load".  This means this turns out to be a dead-end.

I try to search in the registry to see where Autodesk stores the info about my add-in -- I am trying to see if I can simply add a registry entry to ask Autodesk not to prompt any more.  But I cannot find any registry entry related to my add-in.

Would you please tell me where I should look to fix this problem?  Please help.  Thanks.

Jaysom

Offline DotNet

• MICLOGIC
Re: Always Load setting not retained in CAMduct
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2020, 20:20:29 PM »
IT is likely messing with group policy regarding Trusted Publisher Management. Please see this page.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2020, 13:44:00 PM »
Your suggestion looks VERY promising.  I will contact our network admin about this.  Unfortunately he is sick today.  I will have to keep you updated about this hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jaysom

« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2020, 19:50:56 PM »
No luck.  The network admin has played around with the Group Policy.  But CAMduct still keep prompting for confirmation about loading our add-in.  He said he will play some more.

Jaysom

« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2020, 13:57:02 PM »
I tried moving the .DLL of my add-in from one folder (like "C:\MyCamAddIn" to "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\MyCamAddIn", and also adjusted the .addin file in "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Fabrication\Addins\2019" folder accordingly.

Unfortunately this doesn't make any difference.  I still get the same prompt whenever I launch CAMduct.

As of now, I simply ask the user to click "Always Load" whenever that prompt shows up -- to get around this problem.

Jaysom