Author Topic: Custom Items in CADmep  (Read 379 times)

Offline drbordenTopic starter

Custom Items in CADmep
« on: Mar 20, 2020, 03:38:55 PM »
I have searched and cannot find the answer I need so if it is already out there please direct me to it.

I am creating some custom items in for our database, I have created them both by copying an existing item and from scratch.  The issue I have is when it comes to spooling the items out the BOM either populated with the incorrect information or no information at all.  I am mostly concerned with the description.  I have some to the conclusion that this data is stored in the ADSK_####### but I do not know how to edit or create the new data so it will populate my BOM correctly.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Offline davidratx

• Premier Member
Re: Custom Items in CADmep
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2020, 04:00:16 PM »
I have searched and cannot find the answer I need so if it is already out there please direct me to it.

I am creating some custom items in for our database, I have created them both by copying an existing item and from scratch.  The issue I have is when it comes to spooling the items out the BOM either populated with the incorrect information or no information at all.  I am mostly concerned with the description.  I have some to the conclusion that this data is stored in the ADSK_####### but I do not know how to edit or create the new data so it will populate my BOM correctly.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Research MAPPROD or Product Information Editor. They are both the same thing.
David Ronson
TDIndustries Application Engineer
Windows 10 - Revit - AutoCAD - CADmep - ESTmep - CAMduct

Offline Jwisniowski

« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2020, 04:56:31 PM »
I think I run into this as well. I have two ADD REPORTS set up for duct/accessories & a separate Equipment Report. These two show up on our spools. We simply copy and paste the Item name into the list we need.

To get the data you need, I believe you need to use ITEM SOURCE NAME. If you use Item Source File name or any others the info you are looking for will not show up.

Offline drbordenTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2020, 04:35:19 PM »
Thank you guys for your help, I did find what I needed in the Product Information Editor.