Fabrication in Revit® > Stratus Users

Riser Packages

<< < (3/3)

Darren Young:
Our preferred workflow is to make assemblies in Stratus. I've heard of a few companies w/issues when they have a mix...sometimes spool in Stratus...sometimes using Revit (native, eVolve, Victools, etc.).

Having the areas setup in the scope boxes allows the filters to work better in Stratus to filter to the riser a little easier like the do everything else.

I'll review of few of these ideas and see if I can't get them on a slightly different path.

davidratx:
You've certainly hit on something we have been trying to work through as well. Perhaps Straus could add a priority feature to the scope boxes so you can define which one to use first when they overlap.

acad2015:
So I have been doing more set up today. Filters, deliverable definitions, Groupings, Project deliverables, Package Categories etc. Of course I have been testing as I go. Since y'all gave me a real world problem that I would have to tackle at some point any ways, I ran with it. Here's what I have for this exact situation. Everything I will talk about will be pertaining to Stratus.

The way I handled the Risers and non Risers being their own packages is how I described in my previous post. I created a Filter named "Mechanical Pipe Risers" which I cloned from my "Mechanical Pipe" filter. In the Mech Pipe filter I had to add a rule saying to exclude anything that had my company standard prefix for riser numbers in the "Riser Number" parameter that I generated in Revit. I added the opposite to the Mech Pipe Riser filter. (Pretty sure you could just do it one or the other and get it to work the same depending on your workflow.) After that you just add those filters to your deliverable definitions.

After saying all of that, if you can generate your deliverables but not generate packages until they know what they want to consider a riser, then great. Just re-generate your deliverables when they decide whats a riser.  If you already packaged them then you have to un-package them and restart from what I've seen.

Also, I made it generate a Mechanical Piping package for Level 01 Sector A1 and a Mechanical Piping Riser Package for Level 01 Sector A1.

This process is working great for me so far. I am going to continue setting up trying to use this method the least amount of times as possible, but it does work for me. Hope this helps and also hope I am not completely off topic for what you are trying to accomplish. Y'all have a good one.

Andy Robins:

--- Quote from: Darren Young on Aug 27, 2020, 14:50:46 PM ---Our preferred workflow is to make assemblies in Stratus. I've heard of a few companies w/issues when they have a mix...sometimes spool in Stratus...sometimes using Revit (native, eVolve, Victools, etc.).

Having the areas setup in the scope boxes allows the filters to work better in Stratus to filter to the riser a little easier like the do everything else.

I'll review of few of these ideas and see if I can't get them on a slightly different path.

--- End quote ---

How about using the Stratus Parameter for Assemblies, add a value to the parameter with a Riser prefix like Riser_001, Riser_002, Riser_003 etc they they will automatically be made into Stratus assemblies on publish and will show up in the filters, select them all and add to a Package.

The parameter can be set at a company or project override level so you could test it without changing all the companies workflow

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version